Check your account email address ×

MIT professor: global warming is a religion

Rod

Did not read, but if you follow the money you find the motives. We cannot control climate, we must adapt, and will despite efforts being focussed on taxation instead of real solutions.

3 hours ago, Sludgey said:

He's a racist!  And so are you!  :lol:

Hey, good article though.  I think Liberalism falls under the same idiocy as all mass religions.  People defending their "ideals" and trying to impose their will to justify their own existence. Sad.

As far as GW goes, well, I'm all for us trying to not poison what we have and breath clean air, keep our shit in check and try not to be such a cancer on this earth.  But I really feel like ultimately, what we do or do not do will have little significance at all on warming and cooling cycles.  I do appreciate the ones buying the hybrids, and cars that run on recycled veggie oil.  It makes me feel like it's a wash when I drive my 13 mpg truck with all the epa exhaust ripped out of it.  SO, to them..I say, thank you!  And, can a few of you ride bikes now because I've got a few more things I'd like to do to my vehicles.

:lmao:

Edited by Zambroski

from 09.

We've all noticed it. The filthy black smoke kicked out by funnels on cross-Channel ferries, cruise liners, container ships, oil tankers and even tugboats. 

It looks foul, and leaves a brown haze across ports and shipping lanes. But what hasn’t been clear until now is that it is also a major killer, probably causing thousands of deaths in Britain alone.

As ships get bigger, the pollution is getting worse. The most staggering statistic of all is that just 16 of the world’s largest ships can produce as much lung-clogging sulphur pollution as all the world’s cars. 

Because of their colossal engines, each as heavy as a small ship, these super-vessels use as much fuel as small power stations. 

But, unlike power stations or cars, they can burn the cheapest, filthiest, high-sulphur fuel: the thick residues left behind in refineries after the lighter liquids have been taken. The stuff nobody on land is allowed to use.

Thanks to decisions taken in London by the body that polices world shipping, this pollution could kill as many as a million more people in the coming decade – even though a simple change in the rules could stop it.

There are now an estimated 100,000 ships on the seas, and the fleet is growing fast as goods are ferried in vast quantities from Asian industrial powerhouses to consumers in Europe and North America. 

The recession has barely dented the trade. This Christmas, most of our presents will have come by super-ship from the Far East; ships such as the Emma Maersk and her seven sisters Evelyn, Eugen, Estelle, Ebba, Eleonora, Elly and Edith Maersk. 

Each is a quarter of a mile long and can carry up to 14,000 full-size containers on their regular routes from China to Europe. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1229857/How-16-ships-create-pollution-cars-world.html#ixzz4IsGPG3kI 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

9 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

from 09.

We've all noticed it. The filthy black smoke kicked out by funnels on cross-Channel ferries, cruise liners, container ships, oil tankers and even tugboats. 

It looks foul, and leaves a brown haze across ports and shipping lanes. But what hasn’t been clear until now is that it is also a major killer, probably causing thousands of deaths in Britain alone.

As ships get bigger, the pollution is getting worse. The most staggering statistic of all is that just 16 of the world’s largest ships can produce as much lung-clogging sulphur pollution as all the world’s cars. 

Because of their colossal engines, each as heavy as a small ship, these super-vessels use as much fuel as small power stations. 

But, unlike power stations or cars, they can burn the cheapest, filthiest, high-sulphur fuel: the thick residues left behind in refineries after the lighter liquids have been taken. The stuff nobody on land is allowed to use.

Thanks to decisions taken in London by the body that polices world shipping, this pollution could kill as many as a million more people in the coming decade – even though a simple change in the rules could stop it.

There are now an estimated 100,000 ships on the seas, and the fleet is growing fast as goods are ferried in vast quantities from Asian industrial powerhouses to consumers in Europe and North America. 

The recession has barely dented the trade. This Christmas, most of our presents will have come by super-ship from the Far East; ships such as the Emma Maersk and her seven sisters Evelyn, Eugen, Estelle, Ebba, Eleonora, Elly and Edith Maersk. 

Each is a quarter of a mile long and can carry up to 14,000 full-size containers on their regular routes from China to Europe. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1229857/How-16-ships-create-pollution-cars-world.html#ixzz4IsGPG3kI 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Well, why bother going after these big ships, pro-carbon tax people would rather go after the automobiles that middle class taxpayers drive to work every day.