Check your account email address ×

South Carolina steel plant reopened by UK industrialist, avoiding tariffs

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

On the contrary .......I'm moving home. Wife and kid are moving back permanently end of August and I am going to finish out this year and maybe work a little into next year. Its going to suck driving back and forth for 5-6 months and then finding a new job but I cant live down here anymore.

Roger.  I had a feeling this was coming.  Maybe by the time you get ready to move Trump will have fixed everything that's wrong with MN and the economy there will be fully cranked up and you will be able to find a great job paying $80/hr.  :bc: 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Well its roughly 1000x better in MN and my friends and family are there. Sledding in the winter and the lake in the summer. MN is the best

family i can see as reason........   but fuck oh dear sledding in the winter and lakes in the summer are better in many places.  Let me guess you have lived in Minnesota and Indiana......

11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

family i can see as reason........   but fuck oh dear sledding in the winter and lakes in the summer are better in many places.  Let me guess you have lived in Minnesota and Indiana......

Yes there is better sledding in other places......there certainly is not better lakes in other places. Friends and family are 95% of the reason I am moving home. I have a very close friend group and all of our kids are the same or close in ages. Also I have a cabin in the UP I cant use from here and the family cabin in MN that is going to need me in the coming years. 

14 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Roger.  I had a feeling this was coming.  Maybe by the time you get ready to move Trump will have fixed everything that's wrong with MN and the economy there will be fully cranked up and you will be able to find a great job paying $80/hr.  :bc: 

The economy is booming up there and I will have multiple job offers within weeks if I decide to go back to work immediately. There isnt many places in the country paying like the joint I am working at right now though. They call it the golden handcuffs. 

Thanks for the well wishes though

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/mississippi/articles/2018-06-26/steel-firm-to-invest-more-than-230m-in-mississippi-mill

We have about 2 billion cash on hand and we are going to put the majority of it into US investment this year and next. I was holding out hope they might come up with a board approved way to use our assets in MN but its just not going to happen. 

Well that sucks . So at this point , are you pretty much screwed as far going back home ?   :bc:

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

Well that sucks . So at this point , are you pretty much screwed as far going back home ?   :bc:

Not at all.......I just will never work for my current employer in MN again. Such is life

22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well its roughly 1000x better in MN and my friends and family are there. Sledding in the winter and the lake in the summer. MN is the best

I understand that.  Lucky for me I'm not in one place too long.

Just now, f7ben said:

Not at all.......I just will never work for my current employer in MN again. Such is life

Well , that's kind of what I meant .   That's too bad .   None of my business so you don't answer if ya don't want too but did you still keep yer place up there ? :bc:

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Well , that's kind of what I meant .   That's too bad .   None of my business so you don't answer if ya don't want too but did you still keep yer place up there ? :bc:

Yes I kept my house.....my middle brother has been living in it for the last 3 years. I am helping him out with buying a house from my inlaws. He should be moving out end of July and then I will start moving stuff home and look to get my house here on the market 

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes there is better sledding in other places......there certainly is not better lakes in other places. Friends and family are 95% of the reason I am moving home. I have a very close friend group and all of our kids are the same or close in ages. Also I have a cabin in the UP I cant use from here and the family cabin in MN that is going to need me in the coming years. 

I'm sure you were making good coin in Indiana but that doesn't always get you happiness, I'll bet you're excited to get back home. :bc:

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I'm sure you were making good coin in Indiana but that doesn't always get you happiness, I'll bet you're excited to get back home. :bc:

Its been a great experience and character builder to move away for a bit and face building a new life for a few years. Going home will be the best decision I have ever made. I dont give two shits about money.......its just a means for fun in my eyes. Its good to be paid well but money aint everything ......fun is everything !111

• Like 1

15 hours ago, f7ben said:

Its been a great experience and character builder to move away for a bit and face building a new life for a few years. Going home will be the best decision I have ever made. I dont give two shits about money.......its just a means for fun in my eyes. Its good to be paid well but money aint everything ......fun is everything !111

Good for you, Indiana sucks from what I've seen of it. 

22 minutes ago, s pump said:

Good for you, Indiana sucks from what I've seen of it. 

I happen to be in a very nice little part of the state. Indiana is actually great if you have no attachment to anywhere else. Its cheap to live here and you can get a great job if you have any skill at all. But it aint home

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I happen to be in a very nice little part of the state. Indiana is actually great if you have no attachment to anywhere else. Its cheap to live here and you can get a great job if you have any skill at all. But it aint home

Home is home.   I would love to have my kids eventually work for me but I want them to experience other employers first.  The thoughts of them raising a family away from home is really hard to stomach but that's the real world.  

Bravo for putting family first Ben.  :bc:  Maybe there is hope for you yet. :lol:  :poke:

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Home is home.   I would love to have my kids eventually work for me but I want them to experience other employers first.  The thoughts of them raising a family away from home is really hard to stomach but that's the real world.  

Bravo for putting family first Ben.  :bc:  Maybe there is hope for you yet. :lol:  :poke:

I made the decision to make this move home now in large part because of my daughter. I want her to plant roots in MN in hopes that she doesnt stray too far when she settles. 

She is starting to become attached to Indiana and its better to just rip the bandaid off and move her home now before it gets too hard. She went up to MN last week of May and has not come back to Indiana yet :lol: being at the lake and with all her cousins and grand parents  made her forget about Indiana real quick. 

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1