Check your account email address ×

Trump spews more lies.

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump misrepresented what he's doing for members of the armed forces when he spoke Friday to graduates of the United States Naval Academy.

TRUMP: "Going to have new equipment and well-deserved pay raises. We just got you a big pay raise. First time in 10 years. We got you a big pay increase. First time in over 10 years. I fought for you. That was the hardest one to get, but you never had a chance of losing."

THE FACTS: That's not right. U.S. military members have gotten a pay raise every year for the past 10 years and several have been larger than this year's 2.6 percent increase. Pay increases in 2008, 2009 and 2010, for example, were all 3.4 percent or more.

___

TRUMP: "We have now the lowest number of ships that we've had since World War I, and very soon you're going to get to 355 beautiful ships. 355. That's almost a couple of hundred more ships."

THE FACTS: No it isn't. The Navy now has 283 ships.

And a 355-vessel battle fleet is not going to be achieved "very soon." The Navy plans to reach 355 in the 2050s while saying that could happen in the 2030s if it gets more money and extends the normal life of ships in the fleet.

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump misrepresented what he's doing for members of the armed forces when he spoke Friday to graduates of the United States Naval Academy.

TRUMP: "Going to have new equipment and well-deserved pay raises. We just got you a big pay raise. First time in 10 years. We got you a big pay increase. First time in over 10 years. I fought for you. That was the hardest one to get, but you never had a chance of losing."

THE FACTS: That's not right. U.S. military members have gotten a pay raise every year for the past 10 years and several have been larger than this year's 2.6 percent increase. Pay increases in 2008, 2009 and 2010, for example, were all 3.4 percent or more.

___

TRUMP: "We have now the lowest number of ships that we've had since World War I, and very soon you're going to get to 355 beautiful ships. 355. That's almost a couple of hundred more ships."

THE FACTS: No it isn't. The Navy now has 283 ships.

And a 355-vessel battle fleet is not going to be achieved "very soon." The Navy plans to reach 355 in the 2050s while saying that could happen in the 2030s if it gets more money and extends the normal life of ships in the fleet.

:lies: 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Who’s we? You got worms in your pocket? :lol: unable to speak for yourself? 

There were a few of us who were like wtf

youre all mad at trump for being a liar when you’re a liar so it’s just kinda funny is all

Just now, spin_dry said:

mr alpha  :lol: 

I already admitted I wasn’t an alpha.  Why are you still upset?  I thought my admittance would make you happy.....and feel more included.  Was I mistaken?

Just now, Zambroski said:

Man!  You really are upset, aren’t you?  Is it the re-emergence of Lee Greenwood that has you all in pieces?  

:owned: 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Man!  You really are upset, aren’t you?  Is it the re-emergence of Lee Greenwood that has you all in pieces?  

the lowering of IQ standards for new military personnel is really paying off for trump.

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

the lowering of IQ standards for new military personnel is really paying off for trump.

Yeah....it’s Lee Greenwood.  Dude...just turn it off.  Put on “PerfectCircle” and dance your pretty little self around while wearing your frilly yellow panties instead (if you can find some rhythm in that hot mess of tin-eared shit).  

Or, is it still the fact that deep down....you’ll know he’s on somewhere singing his little anthem...and that just upsets you more?  Try throwing rocks.

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Maybe you’ll get in yet then wow 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah....it’s Lee Greenwood.  Dude...just turn it off.  Put on “PerfectCircle” and dance your pretty little self around while wearing your frilly yellow panties instead (if you can find some rhythm in that hot mess of tin-eared shit).  

Or, is it still the fact that deep down....you’ll know he’s on somewhere singing his little anthem...and that just upsets you more?  Try throwing rocks.

Gotta believe in donny’s lies. Don’t cha? Kinda funny how he made fools out of all those new, wide eyed cadets. 

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Gotta believe in donny’s lies. Don’t cha? Kinda funny how he made fools out of all those new, wide eyed cadets. 

You are triggered like hell!

Lee has a way of really bringing out emotions in some.  Hey, he’s not for me but, if he gets you all fired up we’ll, GOOD FOR YOU!!!  

Do fireworks.