Check your account email address ×

The new email narrative

Pressed by the F.B.I. about her email practices at the State Department, Hillary Clinton told investigators that former Secretary of State Colin L. Powell had advised her to use a personal email account … Separately, in a 2009 email exchange that also emerged during the F.B.I. questioning, Mrs. Clinton, who had already decided to use private emailasked Mr. Powell about his email practices when he was the nation’s top diplomat under George W. Bush, according to a person with direct knowledge of Mr. Powell’s appearance in the documents, who would not speak for attribution.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/19/us/politics/hillary-clinton-told-fbi-colin-powell-advised-her-to-use-private-email.html?ref=politics

The attempt to — again — equate what Powell did with what Clinton did is yet more evidence that either the candidate, her senior advisers or both simply don’t get it. No, Clinton wasn’t indicted by the Justice Department for her email setup. But she was badly reprimanded by FBI Director James Comey for her email practices; it was an unequivocal condemnation of her conduct in relation to her approach to electronic communications while serving as the country’s top diplomat.

For whatever reason — and despite the fact that Clinton has said on several occasions that she knows she made a mistake — she seems incapable of accepting that responsibility and moving on. No secretary of state — up to and including Colin Powell — handled their email setup like Clinton. That’s a fact.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/19/hillary-clintons-colin-powell-did-it-defense-of-her-email-practices-is-just-plain-wrong/?postshare=291471630534325&tid=ss_tw

I swear this shit cannot be made up any better.  I read that shit yesterday and was like "Damn...poor Colin!"  :lol:

Can we get Hillary a Nobel prize too?  I think her work in the "Moral Turpitude" arena is warranted and will be studied for years.

For those wondering:

Moral turpitude is a legal concept in the United States and some other countries that refers to "conduct that is considered contrary to community standards of justice, honesty or good morals".

12 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Powell has said he didn't even discuss email with her. Another lie. Hard to believe, I know... :lol: 

You need a better source for your news edmo, while Powell doesn't remember the dinner conversation he does remember sending Clinton an e-mail regarding his use of an AOL e-mail address, this e-mail thing like Benghazi has been so overplayed and played early by the far right that it's just stuck in the narrow echo chamber that resonates with guys like Snake, edmo, Momo, etc. :lol: 

What's next in the playbook? Is it Trump reading off a teleprompter looking like a stiff?

Reached for comment, Powell's team told CNN he has "no recollection" of the conversation described in Conason's book, though he did provide her a memo regarding his own email use at the State Dept.
Powell Principal Assistant Peggy Cifrinio's said in a statement that the former secretary of state did write Clinton an email memo describing his use of his personal AOL email account for unclassified messages.
"At the time there was no equivalent system within the Department," Cifrinio said. "He used a secure State computer on his desk to manage classified information. The General no longer has the email he sent to former Secretary Clinton. It may exist in State or FBI files."
Cifrinio referred to Powell's memoir, "It Worked For Me," where he discussed his use of a private email address while Secretary of State, for more detail.

4 minutes ago, oleroule said:

the woman definitely has a screw or two loose.

Or is it the posters here who go off with not knowing the whole story? :dunno:

Powell Principal Assistant Peggy Cifrinio's said in a statement that the former secretary of state did write Clinton an email memo describing his use of his personal AOL email account for unclassified messages.

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You need a better source for your news edmo, while Powell doesn't remember the dinner conversation he does remember sending Clinton an e-mail regarding his use of an AOL e-mail address, this e-mail thing like Benghazi has been so overplayed and played early by the far right that it's just stuck in the narrow echo chamber that resonates with guys like Snake, edmo, Momo, etc. :lol: 

What's next in the playbook? Is it Trump reading off a teleprompter looking like a stiff?

It's not just an "email thing".  Get your head out and stop acting like what she did was accidentally use a personal email for state business once or twice.  That is ignorance beyond comprehension.

Just now, Zambroski said:

It's not just an "email thing".  Get your head out and stop acting like what she did was accidentally use a personal email for state business once or twice.  That is ignorance beyond comprehension.

You're in the echo chamber dude, Sanders understood it as does the vast majority of America who isn't in that narrow echo chamber.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

What she did was wrong. She has admitted it was bad judgement and a mistake. Why drag Powell into this? She is pathetic. :flush: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You're in the echo chamber dude, Sanders understood it as does the vast majority of America who isn't in that narrow echo chamber.

Sanders is a fucking spineless sellout...fuck him.

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

"Sanders understood it".  Ahhhhh.....yes.

I think we're done here Vince.

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

8 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Or is it the posters here who go off with not knowing the whole story? :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Suck that dick Vinnie.

7 minutes ago, Edmo said:

What she did was wrong. She has admitted it was bad judgement and a mistake. Why drag Powell into this? She is pathetic. :flush: 

Because you, Snake, judicial watch, Breitbart, Fox News, etc. keep bringing it up in the echo chamber :lol:

And why shouldn't she, it was in Powell's book :bc:

Cifrinio referred to Powell's memoir, "It Worked For Me," where he discussed his use of a private email address while Secretary of State, for more detail.

7 minutes ago, Edmo said:

What she did was not just "wrong", It was illegal and against her ethical oath of office. And in years past, she would have been stripped of her title/job, indicted and while she may or may not have had to serve time, certainly would have to find a new career outside of politics.  As it is now, apparently she is presidential material.

19 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Right from your link vin, "he has no recollection of the conversation". Your link also states he used a secure state computer for his classified stuff. Her problem was she didn't want two different emails, not what Powell told her. Excuse fail.

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Suck that dick Vinnie.

Just tell us Moe, what's the winning game plan to beat Clinton? You may not believe me but I'm here to tell you that it is not Benghazi or the e-mails and I really don't think it's the third string operatives Trump has for a campaign team.

Just think about this guys, Trump and Trump alone is responsible for FUBAR his campaign.....and he did it against the most beatable candidate the Dems could have found.

CrAzY

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Right from your link vin, "he has no recollection of the conversation". Your link also states he used a secure state computer for his classified stuff. Her problem was she didn't want two different emails, not what Powell told her. Excuse fail.

OMG edmo, read and read slowly........it's OK if your lips move while you read :bc: 

So Vince your whole narrative is now that while Hillary was wrong and has lied hammering on these points isn't the way to beat her....fuck man where is your goddamn moral compass pointed.

Edited by Biggie Smails

27 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Because you, Snake, judicial watch, Breitbart, Fox News, etc. keep bringing it up in the echo chamber :lol:

And why shouldn't she, it was in Powell's book :bc:

Powell never advocated using private email for state department work you lying sack of dago midget shit :guzzle: I suppose that you also beleive that a SOS would never handle classified material :flush: 

32 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

So Vince your whole narrative is now that while Hillary was wrong and has lied hammering on these points isn't the way to beat her....fuck man where is your goddamn moral compass pointed.

Wreckless and irresponsible, blame others when shit goes south. This is the person I want to be president! :flush: 

Another thread that exemplifies the right wing stupity that exists on the forum,.  Email and Benghazi - both have been exhaustively investigated - yet you clowns maintain there's more and have it all figured out.  

Vince - the R who's donated more than all of you combined - gets it.  So in true FSCE fashion most of you ignore black and white facts that have been posted and continue to spin your narrative.  Do you clowns realize you're in the minority and on the fringe?  :snack:

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Another thread that exemplifies the right wing stupity that exists on the forum,.  Email and Benghazi - both have been exhaustively investigated - yet you clowns maintain there's more and have it all figured out.  

Vince - the R who's donated more than all of you combined - gets it.  So in true FSCE fashion most of you ignore black and white facts that have been posted and continue to spin your narrative.  Do you clowns realize you're in the minority and on the fringe?  :snack:

You are the chief Lib-idiot here.  The absolute epitome of what is wrong with this election.....and America with your thought waves of politicians being "rock stars". 

On the bold:  sure seems that isn't the case here.  You guys are dropping out pretty quickly and it's not just because you are getting bashed pretty hard and being made to feel sad inside.  It's because those feelings must come with the hint of truth that you know your reasoning for supporting who you do is really invalid and really...just plain gross.

A lot of us here wish you would take your ball and bat and go find more people that play with them more like you do...corn hole.  But there are others here that feel you make for a good beating post...and I don't disagree.  I just prefer a bit harder target.  And no...that isn't you....please stop trying...you are woefully inadequate.

Now in short...how can I put this to you in a way you may more understand it.....hmm....Oh yeah.....................:owned:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You are the chief Lib-idiot here.  The absolute epitome of what is wrong with this election.....and America with your thought waves of politicians being "rock stars". 

On the bold:  sure seems that isn't the case here.  You guys are dropping out pretty quickly and it's not just because you are getting bashed pretty hard and being made to feel sad inside.  It's because those feelings must come with the hint of truth that you know your reasoning for supporting who you do is really invalid and really...just plain gross.

A lot of us here wish you would take your ball and bat and go find more people that play with them more like you do...corn hole.  But there are others here that feel you make for a good beating post...and I don't disagree.  I just prefer a bit harder target.  And no...that isn't you....please stop trying...you are woefully inadequate.

Now in short...how can I put this to you in a way you may more understand it.....hmm....Oh yeah.....................:owned:

Yo Einstein - I'm referring to society in general.  I'm proud to be in the minority on here and would be embarrassed if I wasn't given the level of stupidity that exists on the site from you and the rest of the clowns. 

Edited by SnowRider

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

What she did was not just "wrong", It was illegal and against her ethical oath of office. And in years past, she would have been stripped of her title/job, indicted and while she may or may not have had to serve time, certainly would have to find a new career outside of politics.  As it is now, apparently she is presidential material.

The Director of the FBI, a George W. Bush appointed Director did not find enough evidence to warrant a prosecution of HRC yet The Zambroski says what she did was illegal....Now does the reasonable and rational thinking person see the reasoning of the Director of the FBI or The Zambroski???? 

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

Apparently they don't, it's crazy how the far right keeps grasping at the same old beat up straws that don't hold water to beat Clinton and while those leaky straws make Moe, Momo, The Painter, Z, edmo, etc. all wet in the pants it does not resonate outside of the narrow echo chamber that these guys live in.

And because I am a compassionate conservative I have posted a thread here for Moe, Momo, The Painter, Z, edmo, etc., and it's a thread that offers them hope :bc: 

HOPE:   http://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/topic/1391-signs-of-change-from-trump/