Check your account email address ×

Homeless stats

7 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

You tell me, I am curious.

Neal

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

It's your fight.  Tell us what you're willing to fight for and with.  

No no no.

I asked YOU.

So far we have....what? A suggestion that I should stop using money. 

I mean, as great as you might think that is rhetorically, it's obviously not practical. Unless, of course, you suggest I be homeless and starving because I refused to use the funny paper for the stuff I need and want. 

What else? 

Should I give up all my earthly  possessions? 

:pc:

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Perhaps.

How about this, what system do you believe should replace capitalism?  Special or specific cases that apply to the proposed system?

Neal

That's not an answer. 

You're deflecting by asking another question. 

I'm waiting. 

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

That's not an answer. 

You're deflecting by asking another question. 

I'm waiting. 

Well to answer your question you should indeed stop using government money for private transactions.  Any for profit private transactions should be banned from your activities.  That would be how you could fight capitalism.

Neal

13 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Well to answer your question you should indeed stop using government money for private transactions.  Any for profit private transactions should be banned from your activities.  That would be how you could fight capitalism.

Neal

Yes, that sounds totally reasonable. Lol

Do you know how long it took capitalism to supplant feudalism? 

So does getting rid of capitalism.  :bc:

Irrelevant.

Neal

Capitalism is doomed and it will be gone soon. As soon as AI breaths is first breath capitalism is done. 

11 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Yes, that sounds totally reasonable. Lol

Do you know how long it took capitalism to supplant feudalism? 

Oh , so now it takes a long long time , but fear not as you are working on it   :lol:  

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

So does getting rid of capitalism.  :bc:

Irrelevant.

Neal

Not at all, in fact, the end of capitalism is inevitable. The capitalists have already baked the end of capitalism into the cake. As they continue to seek to reduce labor costs, the numbers of poor and working poor will continue to swell. When this reaches critical mass, a bloodletting will ensure, and a new system will rise in its place.

No, it's totally relevant. It took centuries for capitalism to become the dominant system. I'd expect anything that would replace capitalism to take a similar amount of time, maybe less, considering how close we are to capitalism's D-Day.

T-900 FTMFW!

Neal

I think you're a big thinker and you understand the ramifications of 100% efficiency as far as human labor and economic activity are concerned. We will have to be creative as soon as nobody owns the IP

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Not at all, in fact, the end of capitalism is inevitable. The capitalists have already baked the end of capitalism into the cake. As they continue to seek to reduce labor costs, the numbers of poor and working poor will continue to swell. When this reaches critical mass, a bloodletting will ensure, and a new system will rise in its place.

No, it's totally relevant. It took centuries for capitalism to become the dominant system. I'd expect anything that would replace capitalism to take a similar amount of time, maybe less, considering how close we are to capitalism's D-Day.

How close are we?  Can you tell within a decade? 

Neal

And I tell my wife it's 9" too....

Can you pin it to within a decade?

Neal

If I had to guess I'd say the 2020's will see AI born and the end of life as we know it 

How close are we?  Can you tell within a decade? 

Neal

Hard to say. Things are accelerating under Trump. 

AI might not be ready before the peasants grab their pitchforks. But Ben is dead on. Once they've figured out how to stop paying enough workers to maintain current levels of wage based demand in the economy, something will give. 

I see it going two ways, either we all enjoy the prosperity the machines have brought us, or we have a massive underclass who own nothing and a small aristocracy that owns everything. 

6 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Hard to say. Things are accelerating under Trump. 

AI might not be ready before the peasants grab their pitchforks. But Ben is dead on. Once they've figured out how to stop paying enough workers to maintain current levels of wage based demand in the economy, something will give. 

I see it going two ways, either we all enjoy the prosperity the machines have brought us, or we have a massive underclass who own nothing and a small aristocracy that owns everything. 

Or the machines dispatch with us

Tbh, Bernie, and to a lesser extent, Hillary, would have likely prolonged D-Day. Bernie, especially, represented a tempering of capitalism to better distribute the benefits of it. 

This talk lately of a universal basic income represents another attempt to temper capitalism, with a bit more dystopian undertones.