Check your account email address ×

3 piece tractor or lawn mower and quad?

Needing to address my needs of snow plowing and cutting grass for this winter and next year.  Have the potential for a lot of grass or about 2 acres.  Pretty flat yard.  However, also have quiet the lane to plow in the winter.  And I live in an area where if it snows it dumps or it wont snow worth a shit.  Anyway.  Went looking at lawn mowers but somewhat swayed toward a tractor.

So I could get a riding mower and a quad with a plow for around 20k with tax.

or

A 2016 Koiti 22hp diesel tractor with a underbelly mower, pto, a front bucket.  20,500 with tax. 

Stuck on the logical thing to do.  But with 80 acres the tractor would prob be a better idea.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Reality is should be an easy decision based on what you need.   If you have a lot of jobs to do that the tractor can do then that's the way to go.

16 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

only 10 acres is open land.  rest is bush. 

living in the sticks sure aint cheap lol. 

Your tractor just got a lot more expensive.  

You'll now need one with a belly mower, brush mower, loader, 3pt snowblower, 3pt blade, and probably a few fun things too, like a tiller.   

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Your tractor just got a lot more expensive.  

You'll now need one with a belly mower, brush mower, loader, 3pt snowblower, 3pt blade, and probably a few fun things too, like a tiller.   

it has a belly mower, and a bucket with hydro controls that work with the snowblower whenever i decide to do that route. 

im stuck due to the fact if i go tractor route $$$ is gonna be tightish for 2 years.  I hate owing and I got this place 2 years early cause the number of acreages are dwindling.