Check your account email address ×

****Official IndyCar Thread****

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I think that same thing happened at Texas.

Maybe its texas i am thinking of. But thats some crazy shit either way!!:bc:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Maybe its texas i am thinking of. But thats some crazy shit either way!!:bc:

Yeah either way that is some serious force at work and has to take it's toll over the course of a race.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 4:12 PM, Rigid1 said:

Never seen that happen before, pace car wrecks on parade laps

had a guy wreck one leading a heat race when I raced midgets. we told him you don't pace midgets, they run too fast under yellow without a gearbox. guy wouldn't hear it, said he could run as fast as we needed. fucker pulled off the track on turn 3 and hit one of the infield light poles :lol:

• Haha 1

This take by the Metro Times doesn’t surprise me but I didn’t realize that running the race on Belle Isle took this much setup time....68 days is a lot IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2018 at 10:06 AM, 2strokemerc said:

A million bucks for winning the 1989 Indy 50038799998_10155646828095848_8370633179614150656_n.thumb.jpg.55bf42bc7dd515c31e2d7f058b8618b1.jpg

I saw that on IG the other day....cool picture...Emmo was a fast smooth driver.

11 minutes ago, ckf said:

Did you guys hear that Smoke plans to run the 500 next year? Maybe even a few warmup races.

Seriously....not sure he can fit in the cars anymore. :lol:

• Haha 4

Roger Penske says fielding Tony Stewart in Indy 500 would be ‘one of the biggest dreams of my life’

By Nate Ryan Aug 12, 2018, 3:00 PM EDT

BROOKLYN, Mich. – Roger Penske’s desire to field a car for Tony Stewart in the Indianapolis 500 remains as strong as ever. But the offer that Penske made nearly six years ago to put the three-time NASCAR champion in one of his cars for May might be dependent on timing.

“One of the biggest dreams of my life would be to get Tony Stewart in one of our Indy 500 cars,” Penske said Sunday at Michigan International Speedway. “Obviously, we’ve got obligations now. We’ve got four cars running (next year) and to run a fifth would be pretty tough, but who knows over the next couple of years what happens. Just the fact that he would say he’d like to get in one was a real honor for me.”

Last Thursday, Stewart said he wants to run the Indy 500 for the first time since 2001, and possibly as early as next season, but he might be unable to take advantage of Penske’s invitation at the 2012 NASCAR Awards Ceremony (when he said during his championship speech that he wanted to help Stewart run the Indy 500 and Coca-Cola 600 doubleheader).

Team Penske, which has 17 Indianapolis 500 victories, is slated to field Will Power, Simon Pagenaud, Josef Newgarden and Helio Castroneves in the race next year.

Stewart declined Penske’s offer in 2013, saying he didn’t have time to prepare adequately. The Columbus, Indiana, native said last week that he would want to run at least one IndyCar race before making his sixth start in the Indy 500.

Regardless of which team he is racing for, Penske said Stewart’s return to Indy would be big.

“He’s an icon in Indiana, an icon at Indianapolis, an icon in the sport,” he said. “To have Stewart out there, it would be something. A tremendous impact to IndyCar.

“I’d love to have him in a car but he knows it better than I do that timing is everything. To me, if there was a time that we could fit it in and work for him and work for us, he’d be the first guy I’d call.”

• Like 3

I was going to post this in the F1 thread. Interesting rumour.

https://thesportsrush.com/fernando-alonso-to-race-for-harding-racing-in-indycar-next-season/

Fernando Alonso to race for Harding Racing in IndyCar next season, as reported by Brazilian outlet ‘Grande Premio’

Fernando Alonso’s motorsport future is one that has attracted a lot of debate ever since his retirement announcement from last night.

Alonso bid Formula 1 farewell with an emotional post and thanking everyone involved in this memorable and record breaking journey of his.

Alonso’s  future though is a little uncertain, despite him having expressed interest in driving in the IndyCar series.

However, according to a report in the ‘Grande Premio’, Alonso will be racing for the Harding Racing team, which will involve support from McLaren, Chevrolet and Andretti.

Harding Racing team came into existence in 2017. It was formulated as a team that came to be known as the ‘Andretti B’ team.

Chevrolet and McLaren too will be working behind the scenes in order to get everything on the grid working smoothly.

Now, according to the report, Alonso will be racing for this rather new team in terms of ‘team registration’, however, it does have some very senior people dealing with the over functionalities of the team.

And now, even Racer magazine has reported that Alonso will indeed be racing under the Harding Racing banner.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

I was going to post this in the F1 thread. Interesting rumour.

https://thesportsrush.com/fernando-alonso-to-race-for-harding-racing-in-indycar-next-season/

Fernando Alonso to race for Harding Racing in IndyCar next season, as reported by Brazilian outlet ‘Grande Premio’

Fernando Alonso’s motorsport future is one that has attracted a lot of debate ever since his retirement announcement from last night.

Alonso bid Formula 1 farewell with an emotional post and thanking everyone involved in this memorable and record breaking journey of his.

Alonso’s  future though is a little uncertain, despite him having expressed interest in driving in the IndyCar series.

However, according to a report in the ‘Grande Premio’, Alonso will be racing for the Harding Racing team, which will involve support from McLaren, Chevrolet and Andretti.

Harding Racing team came into existence in 2017. It was formulated as a team that came to be known as the ‘Andretti B’ team.

Chevrolet and McLaren too will be working behind the scenes in order to get everything on the grid working smoothly.

Now, according to the report, Alonso will be racing for this rather new team in terms of ‘team registration’, however, it does have some very senior people dealing with the over functionalities of the team.

And now, even Racer magazine has reported that Alonso will indeed be racing under the Harding Racing banner.

That would be awesome.:ylsuper: