Check your account email address ×

Can't even go to the gun range without being harassed and interrogated now

• Platinum Contributing Member

Is this kid embellishing a bit or has the school overstepped. Students reported the post because they were concerned. :lol: Like that did any good previously with the crazy kid who shot up the place and the deputies who decided to stay outside the school while it happened.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/04/24/kyle-kashuv-gun-range-trip-questioned-police-school-officials

Kashuv told Tucker Carlson that the interrogation was "a clear attempt to intimidate me."

He said he was called to the school office and met with a school resource officer before a sheriff's deputy showed up.

Kashuv posted a video of him firing a rifle at the range, captioned with a message intended to support respect for weapons and the constitutional right to bear arms.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

It was great learning about our inalienable right of #2A and how to properly use a gun. This was my first time ever touching a gun and it made me appreciate the #Constitution even more. My instructor was very informative; I learnt a lot. #2A is important and we need 2 preserve 2A

"Because we can't trust our government to defend ourselves," he said.

Kashuv said the resource officer asked him why he's "taking five AP classes" and would still "do something like this."

"He came in with the notion that I've done something wrong by going to a gun range," Kashuv said.

Mr. Pittman, it was an illegal and unconstitutional detainment. See U.S. Code § 1983 and JDB v. North Carolina

1) the derogatory mentions of poliical beliefs.

2) the LEO in back of me holding my chair.

3) not contacting my parents prior

4) Calling me into a locked office https://twitter.com/gregpittman1957/status/988844907841425408 

He said the officer saw the video and was alarmed by it. Kashuv said he asked the officer if he read the actual tweet, to which the lawman responded "I don't do Twitter."

Kashuv said he asked the sheriff's deputy if he did anything wrong after the deputy began his own questioning.

"Whose gun is it and who did you shoot it with?" Kashuv recalled the deputy asking.

He said the deputy "tried to intimidate me into somehow incriminating my father."

Kashuv said the incident is reminiscent of a "clear road to tyranny."

I understand everybody being on edge but this kid doesn't appear to have given off any red flags or warning signs and what does taking 5 advanced placement courses have to do with anything? 

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Good boy! I bet his father is proud! He saw the bullshit and called them on it. It's sad that we're in a time where my next comment is even relevant:

I hope this family sues the fuck out of that "school"! I'd have every shit stain ambulance chasing lawyer in the state sending every lawsuit they could conjure up, sending certified letter after letter. Fuck them ! 

Edited by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I understand everybody being on edge but this kid doesn't appear to have given off any red flags or warning signs and what does taking 5 advanced placement courses have to do with anything? 

Doesn't sound like he has done anything wrong. I guess them citing how he's in 5 AP classes was meant to suggest that he's smarter then that (going to a gun range and shooting the big bad black rifle)

• Like 1

Just now, Skidooski said:

Doesn't sound like he has done anything wrong. I guess them citing how he's in 5 AP classes was meant to suggest that he's smarter then that (going to a gun range and shooting the big bad black rifle)

Exactly.....sounds to me as if the kid is has more smarts than the cop or school administrator. 

• Like 1

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I'm not a fan of social media, one major reason being things like this. Although I would have advised my son to know better than to post this kind of thing, that's the direction society is heading and how people communicate nowadays. Still bullshit.

Ammo up everyone!

Social Media is also the biggest reason why bullying is so bad these days. I know of kids as young as 6th grade resorting to cutting or contemplating suicide. I'm soo glad I grew up when I did. Now a days everyone's lives are intertwined thru social media

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I'm not a fan of social media, one major reason being things like this. Although I would have advised my son to know better than to post this kind of thing, that's the direction society is heading and how people communicate nowadays. Still bullshit.

Ammo up everyone!

This...

11 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Social Media is also the biggest reason why bullying is so bad these days. I know of kids as young as 6th grade resorting to cutting or contemplating suicide. I'm soo glad I grew up when I did. Now a days everyone's lives are intertwined thru social media

And this.....

32 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly.....sounds to me as if the kid is has more smarts than the cop or school administrator. 

And obviously...this too.

:bc:

• Like 1