Check your account email address ×

More Trump assholeness...

The Trump administration has escalated its legal battle with California announcing Monday that the Department of Justice has sued California over a state law that gives California the power to block the sale of federal land to private parties.

Passed in October, Senate Bill 50 went into effect Jan. 1. It gave state officials the right to purchase any federal land in California before the U.S. government sells it. At the time, California officials said the bill was necessary because of fears President Trump would permit drilling or development on the roughly 46 million acres of land in California owned by the federal government.

Justice Department officials say the law violates the U.S. Constitution’s Supremacy and Property clauses. The Supreme Clause puts federal law ahead of state law when there is a conflict and the Property Clause gives Congress the power to sell or transfer federal land.

So what sales are being obstructed by California? You might assume that the Evil Trump Empire was looking to sell off some public dog parks to oil developers the way Becerra is describing it. But in reality, the three current sales under discussion are quite a different matter. One is a plan wherein the Army would transfer 78 acres in Dublin, California to a private company who will construct U.S. Army training facilities. A second would see the Navy unload some abandoned military housing to a private developer who will convert it to civilian housing. (You may recall that California is facing a massive housing crisis at the moment, so one might be tempted to think that Becerra would be in favor of this.)

A third proposed sale would allow the transfer of some land west of Los Angeles so that the VA can contract out the construction of housing for local veterans.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/04/05/justice-department-suing-california-federal-land-sales/

That's democrats just being mean. :news:

4 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

The block funding grants that fund it.  MoW isn't a direct federal program, but it needs the money from those grants.  

MoW provides some 500,000 measls a year to vets, so I guess you are right, fuck em, they aren't worth my tax dollars.

Neal

At what point do we get off that crutch both the left and right use to push an agenda.  Plenty of veterans out there whose current lot in life has fuck all to do with the fact they served in the military.  We should take the best care we can of our vets with service related disability but is the guy who served 50 years ago in a non combat posting and is now hungry or homeless or suffering from heart disease brought on by 50 years of abusing their bodies really a "veterans issue" or do we as a society need to determine how we value all of our citizens lives and decide to feed, provide medical care and housing not because they are a vet but because they are an american. :dunno:   

40 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

At what point do we get off that crutch both the left and right use to push an agenda.  Plenty of veterans out there whose current lot in life has fuck all to do with the fact they served in the military.  We should take the best care we can of our vets with service related disability but is the guy who served 50 years ago in a non combat posting and is now hungry or homeless or suffering from heart disease brought on by 50 years of abusing their bodies really a "veterans issue" or do we as a society need to determine how we value all of our citizens lives and decide to feed, provide medical care and housing not because they are a vet but because they are an american. :dunno:   

Fuck em, they are off my dole.

Neal

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

How about we have a country wide disability audit and see how many (yes, I'm saying it) REMFs are taking money from vets?

6 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

It's funded by federal block grant monies.  You are thick as fuck.

Neal

no you are thick . not all the money is going way . also mow is 95% volunteer and mostly privet funded.  but yeah what ever heart string bull shit you need to swallow to justify your narutive 

29 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

no you are thick . not all the money is going way . also mow is 95% volunteer and mostly privet funded.  but yeah what ever heart string bull shit you need to swallow to justify your narutive 

Hey, like I said, no skin of my nose, fuck over the elderly and vets.  :bc:

Neal

7 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Hey, like I said, no skin of my nose, fuck over the elderly and vets.  :bc:

Neal

like I said nothing will be affected . almost all of it is donated food and labor . but keep biting that shinny heat string hook every time it comes by