Check your account email address ×

Dear info.dnr@state.mn.us

f7ben

February 27th, 2018

Ben Xxxxxx
xxx xx xth St
Chisholm , MN 55719

To Whom it may concern ,

As an avid snowmobile enthusiast and someone who lives, works and plays in Northern MN, I am extremely concerned with the lack of effort put into maintaining the snowmobile trails. The MN DNR has no issue charging people $113.50 per snowmobile for registration and trail permitting yet it seems a complete lack of effort is put into the trail system when we do manage to receive a groomable snowfall. The trails in Northern MN are in such poor condition from lack of grooming that it is almost not worth riding. This hurts local business and dissuades those looking to plan trips from considering our area as a destination.

From what I have witnessed the DNR is more concerned with enforcement and ticketing for minor violations than it is with cultivation of our sport through building and maintaining a first class trail system. In comparison to other states trail systems and the effort put in to keeping them in good shape I would rank MN dead last. I have spent considerable time riding in WI and MI where you will not go a day without seeing a groomer out if there is snow to work with. The same cannot be said for MN. It pains me to share this information with those in the snowmobile hobby and I can say that it is tough to have a good opinion concerning the MN DNR given that year after year the above information is the rule and not the exception.

Ben Xxxxx

fuck those piece of shit cockroaches at the state level. All revenue the state generates off the backs of sledder should be funneled directly to the clubs doing the work. That is not the case by a long shot and I would bet my life that a good portion of the money that sledding generates goes into propping up other bullshit sports like cycling and power walking. Fucking assfucking government pieces of dogshit

^^^^^^^ that is what I really wanted to say :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Wisconsin DNR should be fining you up the ass for polluting a river with sled fluids. :fuckyou::lol:

And a pair of shit  filled drawers

Edited by steve from amherst

In Michigan they took sled permit money and spent it on fucking bike trails.

I was changing a chain-case out in the parking lot of dans polaris in houghton once, the groomer idled in the parking lot the 3.5 hours we were there. Anyone want to bet they getting paid for grooming while it sat? 

34 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I was changing a chain-case out in the parking lot of dans polaris in houghton once, the groomer idled in the parking lot the 3.5 hours we were there. Anyone want to bet they getting paid for grooming while it sat? 

That is exactly the type of shit that pisses me off. I did get an email back from the DNR apologizing for the trails not being up to my standards and asking which trails specifically I was disappointed in. I will email him back after talking to my buddy who is riding tonight.

1 hour ago, washedupmxer said:

We get our grant money from the state partially on a per hour basis for grooming. I could see a half hour of idling if it was cold, but that long sounds like one of the shit clubs run by a business a bit north of us that never grooms and have been caught idling groomers and raking in money while never doing anything.

5 hours ago, f7ben said:
February 27th, 2018

Ben Xxxxxx
xxx xx xth St
Chisholm , MN 55719

To Whom it may concern ,

As an avid snowmobile enthusiast and someone who lives, works and plays in Northern MN, I am extremely concerned with the lack of effort put into maintaining the snowmobile trails. The MN DNR has no issue charging people $113.50 per snowmobile for registration and trail permitting yet it seems a complete lack of effort is put into the trail system when we do manage to receive a groomable snowfall. The trails in Northern MN are in such poor condition from lack of grooming that it is almost not worth riding. This hurts local business and dissuades those looking to plan trips from considering our area as a destination.

From what I have witnessed the DNR is more concerned with enforcement and ticketing for minor violations than it is with cultivation of our sport through building and maintaining a first class trail system. In comparison to other states trail systems and the effort put in to keeping them in good shape I would rank MN dead last. I have spent considerable time riding in WI and MI where you will not go a day without seeing a groomer out if there is snow to work with. The same cannot be said for MN. It pains me to share this information with those in the snowmobile hobby and I can say that it is tough to have a good opinion concerning the MN DNR given that year after year the above information is the rule and not the exception.

Ben Xxxxx

I read this letter and something hit me....FUCK!  It's the 27th arlready!  :lol:

Good letter though.  I'm not sure I see what you do but it sure can't do any harm.  :bc:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I read this letter and something hit me....FUCK!  It's the 27th arlready!  :lol:

Good letter though.  I'm not sure I see what you do but it sure can't do any harm.  :bc:

I was up plast weekend and rode almost 500 miles. It snowed to beat the band and I saw one groomer doing a small segment of the Tac and one of the spur trails. 

Talked to my buddy tonight who has done another 500 miles this week and he said the trails are horrifying. The tac , laurentian , arrowhead and all the spurs connected have not been groomed all week and he said its mogul hell and all the snow has been blown off in every corner. As far as he could tell nothing is being groomed all week.

That is fucking pathetic 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I was up plast weekend and rode almost 500 miles. It snowed to beat the band and I saw one groomer doing a small segment of the Tac and one of the spur trails. 

Talked to my buddy tonight who has done another 500 miles this week and he said the trails are horrifying. The tac , laurentian , arrowhead and all the spurs connected have not been groomed all week and he said its mogul hell and all the snow has been blown off in every corner. As far as he could tell nothing is being groomed all week.

That is fucking pathetic 

Yeah.  They DNR did that shit a couple years back too when we got a low snow winter.  Then, we got dumped on and they said they already had the groomers put away.  WUT!?!?!?  It was the beginning of March!  I think the coffers for sled registrations are getting pilfered.  And yet, the cost doubled last year.  SMH.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That is fucking pathetic 

Sounds like Minnesota is currently under predominant Democrat power?

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah.  They DNR did that shit a couple years back too when we got a low snow winter.  Then, we got dumped on and they said they already had the groomers put away.  WUT!?!?!?  It was the beginning of March!  I think the coffers for sled registrations are getting pilfered.  And yet, the cost doubled last year.  SMH.

Yup....they take our money and fuck us dry 

Fuck them....get that fat fucking fish cop piece of shit out of his truck....take his fucking ticket book away and put him in a fucking groomer

• Like 1

Just now, snoughnut said:

Sounds like Minnesota is currently under predominant Democrat power?

:lol: yah....this is a fucking partisan issue 

what kind of fucking moron jumps to partisan idiocy after reading this thread 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol: yah....this is a fucking partisan issue 

what kind of fucking moron jumps to partisan idiocy after reading this thread 

Everything you're describing sounds like you have libtards running that state, $113.50 per sled and you're trails are bumpy? Where's the money being spent?

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Lemme guess Chad.......Scott Walker personally sends out the groomers in WI to make sure the trails are good :lol: sweet fuck 

Wrong guess dummy, then again Wisconsin and most clubs do a great job with grooming and a good club president knows how to go after the money, remind me to never ride in Minnesota.

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup....they take our money and fuck us dry 

Fuck them....get that fat fucking fish cop piece of shit out of his truck....take his fucking ticket book away and put him in a fucking groomer

Sounds like libtards.

He more than likely votes Democrat. :lol: