Check your account email address ×

Why the New faggot turbo sucks ass

f7ben

Just now, Snake said:

My Sidewinder sees nothing but trail duty, and the only sled in front of me is another Sidewinder. 

I haven't even seen 100 yet. The fun of 30-90 is just intoxicating.

I think, sir, you are a faggot.

Yeah, but who gives a fuck what you think. :lol:

My 800 etec is an awesome sled, and if I weren't into diamond pounding Quebec I'd buy the 8fiddy for sure, but might end up on a faggot turbo since I already have a Slum-mit sport as a second sled. #ballershockcollar

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

My Sidewinder sees nothing but trail duty, and the only sled in front of me is another Sidewinder. 

Maybe no one can pass you since you ride all over the trail barely in control.  At least from your past videos :dunno: 

:snack: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Exactly.....its completely fucking retarded that people think the only place a 200hp sled shines is on the lake. The midrange pull on the trail is where the fun is at 

Just now, f7ben said:

Exactly.....its completely fucking retarded that people think the only place a 200hp sled shines is on the lake. The midrange pull on the trail is where the fun is at 

when theres no weight advantage I would agree.  the 900's sweet spot according to all the guys who ride them that we ride with is the lack of it feeling heavy in front.  and these are guys whose best weekends are more than most of the guys here ride in a year.  thats why they want to ride the turbo to see how it feels.  if it feels like a 1200 they will pass on them and stick with NA 900's and 850's.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

when theres no weight advantage I would agree.  the 900's sweet spot according to all the guys who ride them that we ride with is the lack of it feeling heavy in front.  and these are guys whose best weekends are more than most of the guys here ride in a year.  thats why they want to ride the turbo to see how it feels.  if it feels like a 1200 they will pass on them and stick with NA 900's and 850's.  

the 900 was literally just a few tiny pounds lighter than the 1200.....the engine is only like 9 lbs lighter or something. Sweet fuck man these people are functionally retarded. Were they comparing the 900 to the 1200 in the old xr chassis??????

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

the 900 was literally just a few tiny pounds lighter than the 1200.....the engine is only like 9 lbs lighter or something. Sweet fuck man these people are functionally retarded. Were they comparing the 900 to the 1200 in the old xr chassis??????

1200 is 23 lbs heavier than the 900ace in the same sled per skidoo, the turbo ACE is 26 lbs heavier than the NA. I hated the heavy front of the 1200 and the plain boring motor, now bouncing back to 8fiddy... they're gonna be here in Maine next week, will have to stop and check em out, wish I could ride a 900 turbo but my dealer isn't getting a demo

Edited by GGNHL

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

these guys know way more about sleds than you ever will :news:  

do you really think new plastics made it feel so much different after all according to you the XS is the same as an XP which is the same as an XR 

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

these guys know way more about sleds than you ever will :news:  

do you really think new plastics made it feel so much different after all according to you the XS is the same as an XP which is the same as an XR 

Thry are the same....different engine cradle for the 1200...xs xr xp just different plastics for the most part.

7 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

1200 is 23 lbs heavier than the 900ace in the same sled per skidoo, the turbo ACE is 26 lbs heavier than the NA. I hated the heavy front of the 1200 and the plain boring motor, now bouncing back to 8fiddy... they're gonna be here in Maine next week, will have to stop and check em out, wish I could ride a 900 turbo but my dealer isn't getting a demo

I'll have to ask Denis if he's going to buy a turbo.  I'm thinking he will as he was planning on selling the shorty anyways.  I'm going to buy a used BCX for next year and throw some front shocks on it.  Denis just put Float 3 Evol QS3-r's on his and loves

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, jtssrx said:

You know why they did this right? They want to continue to see the 850 as the top sled they offer. If they offered a 200 HP turbo that only weighed 40 pounds more dry then the 850 they wouldn't sell many 850's.

It's complete BS!!! 

Evo said they are making 250 with a cheap Turbo upgrade and a tune on the side by sides. I agree this turbo is maxed out at about 185Hp on pump gas. 

How "cheap?"

Edited by Highmark

13 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Thry are the same....different engine cradle for the 1200...xs xr xp just different plastics for the most part.

The 900 got the RAS2 well before the 1200 didnt it?

24 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

You are a fucking idiot. The 1200 would have run right with your faggot etec until 100

Just now, DAVE said:

I think so....but the chassis was still same no?

Just curious if that may contribute to the so called "lighter feeling" 900ace ....the reality is the 900 isnt any lighter than the 1200 so if it feels lighter or responds better its because Doo sandbagged the 1200 every chance they got 

56 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

Yeah, but who gives a fuck what you think. :lol:

My 800 etec is an awesome sled, and if I weren't into diamond pounding Quebec I'd buy the 8fiddy for sure, but might end up on a faggot turbo since I already have a Slum-mit sport as a second sled. #ballershockcollar

Anyone who says or writes that word should be kicked in the nuts.   We constantly make shit out of that.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Just curious if that may contribute to the so called "lighter feeling" 900ace ....the reality is the 900 isnt any lighter than the 1200 so if it feels lighter or responds better its because Doo sandbagged the 1200 every chance they got 

Its definitely lighter feeling riding the 2....very much so....i rode both in the same day this yr....the 900 had crazy inside ski lift.... obviously i coulda dialed it in better but it was a rental...still liked the 1200 better....way more planted.

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Take a look at the boost pressures EVO runs for their tunes. Its out of steam at 15psi and making a lot of heat above that. Sure it will make 20psi but it is making so much heat at those pressure ranges that there is no gain in HP above 16-17. If you look at their tunes and read between the lines they are using Octane to ward off Det above 15psi. 

The stock cat turbocharger will boost to 30psi but it only efficiently makes power to 25 or so. If you are racing 600' you can make use of the little extra boost before it heat soaks but for any actual riding its useless to spool the turbo to those levels. Same concept here 

This is correct.  

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You are a fucking idiot. The 1200 would have run right with your faggot etec until 100

:lol:

Maybe if you had a well clutched, geared, and tuned 1200 against a completely untouched 800 etec with dirty clutches, 1200s aren't even in the same zip code on the lake with me and all I have is heavier weights in my sled. You're like AMG, hardly ride and thinks they know everything about sleds they've never ridden. :lol:

Just now, DAVE said:

Its definitely lighter feeling riding the 2....very much so....i rode both in the same day this yr....the 900 had crazy inside ski lift.... obviously i coulda dialed it in better but it was a rental...still liked the 1200 better....way more planted.

well its not because of the engine weight......Doo absolutely sandbagged the 1200 in every configurable way though. Look at the muffler on the 1200....there is no reason for it to way what it does. Skidoo shed lbs off the 900 muffler so they could print lighter weights in their brochures 

1 minute ago, GGNHL said:

Maybe if you had a well clutched, geared, and tuned 1200 against a completely untouched 800 etec with dirty clutches, 1200s aren't even in the same zip code on the lake with me and all I have is heavier weights in my sled. You're like AMG, hardly ride and thinks they know everything about sleds they've never ridden. :lol:

Id agree with that.

1 minute ago, GGNHL said:

I have ridden many 800 etecs and owned more 1200's than you've owned sleds. I wrench my own and grudge race when ever I get a chance. You are a chick 

• Thanks 1