Check your account email address ×

Nikolas Cruz’s Lifetime of Trouble: Family Loss, Flashes of Rage

• Platinum Contributing Member

NY Times headline already trying to justify this kids actions.   Its hard to be empathetic to someone who just murdered 17 people in cold blood.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/15/us/nikolas-cruz-florida-shooting.html?action=click&contentCollection=Opinion&region=Footer&module=WhatsNext&version=WhatsNext&contentID=WhatsNext&moduleDetail=undefined&pgtype=Multimedia

First I've heard of the autism connection in this case.   

“He had emotional problems and I believe he was diagnosed with autism,” Mr. Gold said of Nikolas Cruz. “He had trouble controlling his temper. He broke things. He would do that sometimes at our house when he lost his temper. But he was always very apologetic afterwards.”

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

NY Times headline already trying to justify this kids actions.   Its hard to be empathetic to someone who just murdered 17 people in cold blood.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/15/us/nikolas-cruz-florida-shooting.html?action=click&contentCollection=Opinion&region=Footer&module=WhatsNext&version=WhatsNext&contentID=WhatsNext&moduleDetail=undefined&pgtype=Multimedia

First I've heard of the autism connection in this case.   

“He had emotional problems and I believe he was diagnosed with autism,” Mr. Gold said of Nikolas Cruz. “He had trouble controlling his temper. He broke things. He would do that sometimes at our house when he lost his temper. But he was always very apologetic afterwards.”

It’s a very big dilemma when it comes to these cases. Violently autistic. Is that where we draw the line in the sand for being able to buy weapons? What determines violence and what determines the scale of autism as being a deal breaker? Either way, the FBI screwed the pooch. You know full well if some brown kid was threatening bomb or death threats at a school they would have wrapped that kid up so quick it wouldn’t even be funny. Why the double standard?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

It’s a very big dilemma when it comes to these cases. Violently autistic. Is that where we draw the line in the sand for being able to buy weapons? What determines violence and what determines the scale of autism as being a deal breaker? Either way, the FBI screwed the pooch. You know full well if some brown kid was threatening bomb or death threats at a school they would have wrapped that kid up so quick it wouldn’t even be funny. Why the double standard?

Statistics...

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

That we are more likely to have a white kid kill a bunch of people over a Muslim kid do it? Yeah I agree it’s statistically more likely that the white kid will do it. Why not act on that...

We are programmed to think white people are good...and then theres the others.

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Statistics...

17 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

That we are more likely to have a white kid kill a bunch of people over a Muslim kid do it? Yeah I agree it’s statistically more likely that the white kid will do it. Why not act on that...

16 minutes ago, DAVE said:

We are programmed to think white people are good...and then theres the others.

So it has nothing to do with statistics but programmed preconceived ideas.