Check your account email address ×

Any trappers on here

Jet

Just now, Jet said:

I just take a stick

and carefully hit them on the head until they are dead and no damage to the fur?  Just like has been done the last 2000 years.

but I'm the animal

No, animals generally only kill when they need to. 

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Yes, trappers get lots of quality time with the animals they trap and kill. I heard foxes love a scratch behind the ears before you put a bullet there.

Actual trappers spend a ton of time alone in the bush with nobody except the animals.  They study their behaviors and habits to become more proficient at trapping.  They understand them better than anyone, other than a handful of biologists maybe. 

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, sledderj said:

Anyone who spends a lot of time with animals is going to understand them better.  

You don't need to spend a lot of time with an animal to know how to kill it tho.  :bc:

1 minute ago, Jet said:

I just take a stick

and carefully hit them on the head until they are dead and no damage to the fur?  Just like has been done the last 2000 years.

but I'm the animal

That's what bothered me more than anything about it I think.  We weren't allowed to carry a gun on the snowmobiles, so an axe to the head was the usual method of dispatching them.  I didn't like that part.  

• Gold Member
Just now, motonoggin said:

No, but to kill more, you do.

Im not sure where you're going with this so Im not sure if I agree with you or not. I can tell you that as a life long hunter Im not a supporter of trapping unless you need it for survival. I prefer killing as quickly and painlessly as possible as a general rule.

Just now, Kivalo said:

Im not sure where you're going with this so Im not sure if I agree with you or not. I can tell you that as a life long hunter Im not a supporter of trapping unless you need it for survival. I prefer killing as quickly and painlessly as possible as a general rule.

Same. 

It's not 1836 anymore. 

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

I'm sure there's been more than a few ducks on Owasko Lake paddling in circles, because some fat bastid on shore between eatin' a glazed jelly donut, put a #2 steel shot pellet in it's ass.  

I honestly did not start this thread to cause problems or make enemies or get into an argument and that's the truth. 

I actually did it just to show off some talent and beautiful animals and what I consider to be a very interesting thing.

now I've had a few drinks as always and maybe said some things I shouldn't. 

But this is a community and everybody has a right to voice themselves and I respect everyone here, maybe don't agree. But that's the world we enjoy. 

Im sure a 150 years ago someone was pissed off about trapping and guess what, some ones pissed off now too. 

Peace

• Like 1

Just now, motonoggin said:

Gee, idk, how about creating a system where people don't have to kill woodland creatures for their hair in order to get beer money? 

It would be for a coat to keep themselves and others warm.