Check your account email address ×

NASCAR 2016

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

We know the science behind it as concussions have been front and center because of The NFL....Jr. Is a young man with a whole life ahead of him and the chances of him coming back and winning a championship are basically zero so why risk it.

Exactly :bc:  He's getting married during the off season and has said he would like to start a family. Why risk his health at this point when he only has a couple more years anyway? It's not like he needs the $$$

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

BTW The Southern 500 is just badass and the whole retro theme is cool as fuck! :bc:

The Southern 500 has always been one of my favorites to watch :bc:

• Like 1

Just now, Dave said:

You will see him comeback cause he loves racing....has 0 to do with money....i dont think any of the elite cup guys do it for the money anymore.

I agree that he loves racing. But at some point living a healthy life out weighs the love of racing.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Dave said:

You will see him comeback cause he loves racing....has 0 to do with money....i dont think any of the elite cup guys do it for the money anymore.

If he loves racing he would get out of the car and mentor a young up and coming driver in the 88.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Dave said:

Guess we shall see if he comesback next yr at Daytona...If hes healthy im sure he will be there. :bc:

I love the guy and have always thought he was trying to live up to unrealistic expectations...he has won some big races and been a class act.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I love the guy and have always thought he was trying to live up to unrealistic expectations...he has won some big races and been a class act.

:iagree:   He has never been what one could consider a top level driver in Nascar. But he has been great for the sport :bc:

14 minutes ago, Dave said:

Your statement.

Jr is an average driver with 26 career wins. Kenseth started cup at the same time Jr did and he has 38 wins and a championship. Bad Brad already has a championship and 21 wins  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ckf said:

Jr is an average driver with 26 career wins. Kenseth started cup at the same time Jr did and he has 38 wins and a championship. Bad Brad already has a championship and 21 wins  

Matt and dale have very similar stats....with matt having a slightly better avg finish.

1 minute ago, Dave said:

Matt and dale have very similar stats....with matt having a slightly better avg finish.

I'm not saying Dale is a field filler, just that he is an average driver. 

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's because you are still caught up in his father's legacy. Senior was a great driver. I was a fan too, but Jr just isn't senior :bc:

Not at all...i was never really a sr fan....actually jumped up out of my chair at our annual Daytona party when he got the flat and Cope won.. I respected what he meant to Nascar though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

I've got the Cup practice on the tube. They are comparing the throwback paint schemes to the original cars. Very cool :bc: 

Id rather see the original cars....lets see those princess's wheel those things.... :lol::bc:

5 minutes ago, Dave said:

Id rather see the original cars....lets see those princess's wheel those things.... :lol::bc:

There's probably only a handful of drivers that could wheel one of those old cars :bc:

• Like 1