Check your account email address ×

New sled

Looking at a pro s. Local shop has a leftover 16 600 for 9k. I've tried looking online, but came up with nothing, my question is: were there any changes between 16 and 18 as far as performance and reliability? Is it worth saving the couple grand for a leftover or have they made updates that would warrant the extra cash? The 16 has a 2 year factory warranty. I will be coming off a 14 SBA 800, kinda hesitant about the loss of power also. I won't be riding the mountains much anymore and looking for a more comfortable trail sled. Thanks for the responses!

I realize I posted this in the trash talk bullshit crybaby area of the forum, but the last post in the actual sledding area was months ago! Not sure anyone actually reads those...? 

Edited by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Forum topic location

51 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Looking at a pro s. Local shop has a leftover 16 600 for 9k. I've tried looking online, but came up with nothing, my question is: were there any changes between 16 and 18 as far as performance and reliability? Is it worth saving the couple grand for a leftover or have they made updates that would warrant the extra cash? The 16 has a 2 year factory warranty. I will be coming off a 14 SBA 800, kinda hesitant about the loss of power also. I won't be riding the mountains much anymore and looking for a more comfortable trail sled. Thanks for the responses!

I realize I posted this in the trash talk bullshit crybaby area of the forum, but the last post in the actual sledding area was months ago! Not sure anyone actually reads those...? 

$9k seems to be a little on the high side for a 2 year old sled .  That  600 has about 15hp less than a 2014 800.  You may not notice much of a performance difference.  A little for sure but it won't be a huge amount.  

18 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

$9k seems to be a little on the high side for a 2 year old sled .  That  600 has about 15hp less than a 2014 800.  You may not notice much of a performance difference.  A little for sure but it won't be a huge amount.  

That's good to know, I'm going to be riding more twisty groomed trails for the foreseeable future so 15hp probably won't be a fun factor killer. I guess they updated the tstat crank case plug, maybe some other things. Were there any issues with the 16s, being a 2nd year new model sled? I agree 9k is a bit high but a new 18 is north of 11, if Polaris hasn't made significant changes to the model (performance/handling/reliability) I could see saving a few turtle backs and ride an older version. Again, it's a leftover, 0 miles, with 2yr warranty...

Thanks for the reply pilot !

29 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I agree with 9k being high. You should be able to get a 18 for that at the end of Feb.

Dealers around here charge an arm and a leg for these fucking things, barely budge on the price. Leftover XCRs are 11.5, I'm ready to pull the trigger, but not for that little markdown! 

Tick, where the hell can I get an 18 in February for 9k?!

I'm in the New England area. Maine, Mass, New Hampshire, Vermont.

Edited by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

In the Mid West they start dumping sleds towards the end of winter. They really drop the price on 600 models. Start looking on line at dealers out of the snow belts Mi, Wi, Mn. Buds go out of state to pick up sleds all of the time. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I'd be all over that!

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

In the Mid West they start dumping sleds towards the end of winter. They really drop the price on 600 models. Start looking on line at dealers out of the snow belts Mi, Wi, Mn. Buds go out of state to pick up sleds all of the time. 

You have a great point, unfortunately driving that far at 12mpg from here might actually cost me more in the long run! 😭

9 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I'd be all over that!

You have a great point, unfortunately driving that far at 12mpg from here might actually cost me more in the long run! 😭

Having it shipped to you is real easy,these dealers that move a lot of inventory already have U Ship contracts in place. Their web sites have the shipping info on them. Look at Kens prices.http://m.kenssports.com/

Edited by Woodtick

20 minutes ago, Shifty said:

My local dealer has got 2 Indy es 600s for 7g each. Great deal. 

Good deal for sure. Not sure I'd be happy going from an assault to an Indy tho... only reason for trading in is for the axys platform and something more trail friendly flickable fun factor.

Anyone have any insight into upgrades between 16 and 18 other than color schemes, PIDD, etc? Any recalls, warranty issues or whatnot with the 16s?

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The factory is giving $1700 on left overs. Your trade could be the problem with your dealers price?

IMG_3654.PNG

My pops didn't raise a dummy, I got the quote for the sled before I told them about the trade-in. 😜

I was thinking I may get a better price if I sold my sled and walked in with cash, but then I have to deal with all the tire kicking, track spinning, mouth breathers on Craigslist...

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

That or a pig boost with a trailer behind it.:lol:

6.2, no ecoboost! Good engine, it pulls like the V10 except doesn't puke spark plugs and exhaust manifolds every 5k miles! 

Only thing I don't like is the transmission, shift points are all off, can be fixed with a tuner just waiting for warranty to run out...