Check your account email address ×

Indeed...

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol: I always thought it sounded weird as a kid 

Think about it for kids who only know these names from stories about how great their great grandparents were. I was always raised to believe Marinus was a legendary carpenter and mason and I'll never be able to dispute that because he drank himself to death way before I was born. So I just took them in their word for it and I would absolutely never fight someone named Boleslaus. It's literally the kind of name you give to a foreign villain in a movie to make them sound menacing.

• 1 year later...
On 12/9/2017 at 8:32 PM, f7ben said:

If I had to pick someone who I think is actually a decent person on the political scene I find Hickenlooper to be ok

Yup

On 12/9/2017 at 9:07 PM, Wildboer said:

I've always wanted to go back to those old European names, my great grandfather was Marinus and I always said if I accidentally knocked a chick up with a son that would what I'd want to name him. If it was a daughter I'd go Nicolette, because that's what my dad wanted to name me if I had been a girl. But, honest, Boleslaus might be my new favorite name. That shit just sounds fucking badass.

My grandpas name was mykhailo. Teacher didn’t like it so she changed it to mike. So my oldest boys middle name is Mykhailo