Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

Alonso at Indy?

The shock news was confirmed by Alonso's McLaren team on Wednesday morning and is already being seen as a move by the team to keep their star driver happy following a wretched start to the season for the McLaren-Honda partnership.

Alonso will race a McLaren-backed Andretti Autosport car with a Honda engine.

'I’m immensely excited that I’ll be racing in this year’s Indy 500, with McLaren, Honda and Andretti Autosport,' he said.

https://drivetribe.com/p/Vc82cpGpT8CKOp0YLKkW6A?iid=CGQdEtQNTnKOLdNWBhSgkw&utm_campaign=formula1&utm_medium=fb&utm_source=organic

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Hell yes....liven things up at the old Brickyard! I miss the days when there was drama and excitement on bump day and while this won't remedy that it's still exciting. :bc:

32 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Hell yes....liven things up at the old Brickyard! I miss the days when there was drama and excitement on bump day and while this won't remedy that it's still exciting. :bc:

Ditto on that! :bc:

3 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

There's going to be a few noses out of joint if he happens to win the 500.

16 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

I think it would be cool to see Alonso win the 500 :bc:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Of course but don't blame Alonso....not that long ago Indy was a showcase for top American drivers from various forms of racing which is why qualifying was so damn cool. Not sure where it all went wrong but it is what it is.

BTW Micheal Schumacher was afraid to race in the 500.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Of course but don't blame Alonso....not that long ago Indy was a showcase for top American drivers from various forms of racing which is why qualifying was so damn cool. Not sure where it all went wrong but it is what it is.

Tony George is where it went wrong imo.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ckf said:

I read that article this morning. Time for her to step out of the car and produce some baby Stenhouse's, LOL.

Would be a good ride for Bubba.

6 minutes ago, Dave said:

Would be a good ride for Bubba.

I agree. :bc:

SHR has Cole Custer in the Xfinity Series but he needs a lot more experience...Roush has a couple good drivers...Bubba and Ryan Reed.

Edited by Biggie Smails

30 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I agree. :bc:

SHR has Cole Custer in the Xfinity Series but he needs a lot more experience...Roush has a couple good drivers...Bubba and Ryan Reed.

Christ, we could put Dave in that car and he could do as well as Danica.

F'ing 29th in points. Michael Waltrip is 36th in points and he only competed in 1 race.

Top tier equipment and she's ahead of the start and parks... Cassill, Whitt, Dibenedetto, ......lol

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Christ, we could put Dave in that car and he could do as well as Danica.

F'ing 29th in points. Michael Waltrip is 36th in points and he only competed in 1 race.

Top tier equipment and she's ahead of the start and parks... Cassill, Whitt, Dibenedetto, ......lol

I agree and there is another name that deserves a better ride....Cole Whitt.

On 4/12/2017 at 11:13 AM, Biggie Smails said:

Almost all the F1 guys were afraid of Indy.  Ever watch the F1 races there?  Any time they were up on the roval, they'd be almost dead nuts down the center.  Didn't like the walls so close.  

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Almost all the F1 guys were afraid of Indy.  Ever watch the F1 races there?  Any time they were up on the roval, they'd be almost dead nuts down the center.  Didn't like the walls so close.  

Yep...I remember that is the reason he gave.

Three-time Formula One World Champion Lewis Hamilton says he would like to race the Daytona 500 one day.

Heading into this weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix, most of the talk in the paddock has been centered around Fernando Alonso's decision to miss the Monaco Grand Prix to race in the Indianapolis 500.

Asked on Thursday if he would like to race elsewhere other than F1, Hamilton replied: "I wouldn't miss out any of the races in Formula One. I'd definitely continue to do all the races, but I'd like to do MotoGP. I'd like to ride a MotoGP [bike]. Is there another race? Probably a NASCAR race, like the Daytona 500 maybe."

Hamilton drove a Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series car when he did a ride swap with Tony Stewart at the Watkins Glen International road course in New York in 2011. Hamilton was also on hand for the 2015 Cup series finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway in Florida when Kyle Busch won the Championship.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

I hate Sundays without football or Cup racing :sad:

I actually like when the cup races are on Saturdays.... Especially in the evening.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dave said:

I actually like when the cup races are on Saturdays.... Especially in the evening.

Yes, Saturday night races are fun to watch. The Bristol night race is one of my favorites. All cup races should be on Saturday night after football starts.

• Like 2