Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Hard hit for sure.

I see CKF’s cherry picks paid off.

Jimmy took a beatin’.

Chinagirl dropped out of the top ten, now in 15th.

I was happy with my 29th for the Sawmill Team , now up to 41st.

My Luckydog Team got whipped On scoring a whole 19 points. Biggest loser for the week. Note to self: never pick Buescher and Dibennidetto in the same race. 

Haha...Matty D got me as well and for some reason I thought Bowyer would run an inspired race at his home track.🤣

BTW I have the Nascar App on my phone and I can listen in on every teams radios and holy hell is Ryan Newman’s team a mess...pretty shocking how far Roush has slipped. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Truck Race on now and they race again tomorrow...Travis Pastrana is in the field tomorrow. 👍🏼

I don't get Fox Sports unless I pay for it. Already paying enough.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

I don't get Fox Sports unless I pay for it. Already paying enough.

Cable Companies are a racket. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Cable Companies are a racket. 

wish I could get cable. I'm on satellite.

Just now, Blackstar said:

wish I could get cable. I'm on satellite.

Ahhh got ya...we tried satellite a few years back and went back to cable. 

I'd get one of them cheaper box things but my internet sucks too.

I like it here in the country. But access to sports and shit is limited.

Sad News – Bob Bahre

Bob Bahre, former owner of New Hampshire Motor Speedway and Oxford Plains Speedway, has died at age 93, according to tweets and news accounts on Friday.

Bahre was inducted into the Maine Sports Hall of Fame in 2017 for his contributions to the sport of racing. He was a powerful force on the auto racing circuit, both nationally and in the Northeast, for many years.

In 1990 he brought a Busch Series – now the Xfinity Series – race to New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, which he built. The race attracted nearly 90,000 fans, and three years later, the NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Series – then the Winston Cup – descended upon Loudon.

Bangor Daily News

NASCAR Statement: "Bob Bahre’s passion and belief in NASCAR helped bring our sport to millions of New England fans over the last three decades. As founder of what is now New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Bahre’s bold vision helped set a tone for the sport’s national growth. Throughout his career, he was a trusted and valued voice in the industry, and will be greatly missed. My family and all of NASCAR extends its deepest condolences to Sandy, Gary and the entire Bahre family.

— Jim France, Chairman and CEO, NASCAR

Speedway Motorsports Statements: Following are statements from Speedway Motorsports executives on the passing of New Hampshire Motor Speedway founder Bob Bahre:

Bruton Smith, Speedway Motorsports Executive Chairman:

"Bob Bahre was a true pioneer for motorsports in New England. He wanted to grow our sport and build things that people will remember. He was a smart businessman and I have a lot of respect for that, but I have even more respect for the positive impact he had on people. I’ll pray for Sandy and Gary during this tough time, and I know they are proud of the legacy Bob leaves behind."

Marcus Smith, Speedway Motorsports President and CEO:

"What I’ll remember most about Bob Bahre will be his character, understated yet charming. Every time I saw him he had on khakis and a white shirt. I always enjoyed our genuine conversations. He was very generous to people in the motorsports industry and to the New England communities where he did business. He went about things in a quiet, dignified manner and often times that simple approach is the most impactful. It’s truly an honor to have known Bob. He lived a meaningful life. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. "

David McGrath, NHMS Executive Vice President and General Manager:

"On behalf of our team at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, I’d like to extend our deepest condolences to Sandy, Gary and the entire Bahre family. Bob left an incredible mark on auto racing through the New England region, and his love of motorsports was legendary. He had a passionate commitment to both drivers and race fans, and that commitment was evident when he built our facility in 1990. I am proud to have known Bob. It was a true pleasure to have spent time getting to know him and learning from him over the years. He will be missed, but his legacy of supporting and building motorsports in New England will live on forever."

— New Hampshire Motor Speedway —

• Sad 1

Could Alex Bowman move to the #48 in 2021; Hendrick down to three teams?

Speaking on PRN’s The Pit Reporters this week, Racin’ Boys’ Lee Spencer said one possibility she’s hearing about Jimmie Johnson’s replacement in the #48 next season is his current teammate, Alex Bowman.

With that move, it would also be possible that Hendrick Motorsports could shrink from four teams to three.

"As far as the No. 48 situation, I think that they’re really gonna have to look at the economics just like everybody else and see whether or not it’s cost-effective to continue to run four organizations."

The #48 team has a full season commitment for next year from Ally while the #88 team has had to piece together sponsorship from Chevrolet this season. For 2021, the only sponsorship for the #88 team that has been announced are a handful of races with Axalta and Vavoline.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I always liked Tracy. He is a hard charging driver. :thumb:

He definitely was...pretty good commentator as well.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Are you guys able to get your picks in?

I can’t get past the sign in.

I was able to yesterday...just got in again. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

53 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was able to yesterday...just got in again. 

i got in, took a few tries

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

i got in, took a few tries

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Logano Blaney, Custer

Good deal...I've got Almirola, Reddick and Truex

On 7/24/2020 at 10:25 AM, Blackstar said:

My Luckydog Team got whipped On scoring a whole 19 points. Biggest loser for the week. Note to self: never pick Buescher and Dibennidetto in the same race. 

My Lucky Dog Team bounced back.........lol

• Like 1