Check your account email address ×

That Puerto Rico power thing.....

I don't really give two flying fucks if it was the dems or the pubs. The point of the matter was there was a company in place that could have completed the job in a timely manner. Enter political bullshit, the nature of this country and who gets screwed? The Puerto Rican people. Whether it would have happened the same way under Obama, which I'm sure it would have, is irrelevant.

8 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

I don't really give two flying fucks if it was the dems or the pubs. The point of the matter was there was a company in place that could have completed the job in a timely manner. Enter political bullshit, the nature of this country and who gets screwed? The Puerto Rican people. Whether it would have happened the same way under Obama, which I'm sure it would have, is irrelevant.

oh bullshit. why in the fuck was a no-bid, 2 employee company hired for that job in the first place? i know the answer, do you?

Edited by Snoslinger

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

the job should have been bid on and the most experienced company with decent pricing, selected. you clowns can blame everyone but the trump admin it seems. 

Sure, sure....... How would that go over if YOU were looking at being without power for months. Still can't set aside your politics to look at the human side of things. I feel sorry for you. You're so engrossed with your beloved Democratic party it's pathetic. You're a perfect example of half of what's wrong with this country, the other half being rabid Trump supporters. As far as blame goes, there's plenty of it to go around.

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

oh bullshit. why in the fuck was a no-bid, 2 employee company hired for that job in the first place? i know the answer, do you?

FFS they were already in place doing the damn job better than the 2 companies that took over.   And they were charging less, but why let that change your fucking partisan bullshit.

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

When you are union contractor it doesn’t matter how many office people you have...  you just go to the union hall and get people.  That 2 person company had hundreds of union journeyman employees on the island, helicopters lifting towers and poles and union journeyman lineman to the job sites.    Gobs of equipment dozer, cranes and bucket trucks.  The company had million dollar contracts with the government prior to Puerto Rico.  They also had 65% of the island lit up before they got booted.  The island would have been 100% lit up under whitefish for less and in a shorter period of time.

Edited by BOHICA

15 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

When you are union contractor it doesn’t matter how many office people you have...  you just go to the union hall and get people.  That 2 person company had hundreds of union journeyman employees on the island, helicopters lifting towers and poles and union journeyman lineman to the job sites.    Gobs of equipment dozer, cranes and bucket trucks.  The company had million dollar contracts with the government prior to Puerto Rico.  They also had 65% of the island lit up before they got booted.  The island would have been 100% lit up under whitefish for less and in a shorter period of time.

:bc:

32 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

really? i thought the two employees took on all that work by themselves? :handjob:

the biggest fed job whitefish had prior to this was upgrades to a 4 mile transmission line. their pricing was thru the roof and when you look at the whole picture, whitefish was a bad decision and nothing but a favor for some "good old boys". christ they weren't even hired until a week after the hurricane. the trump admin fucked this up, PR knows it, so do many others. christ PR is the one that severed the contract. you can dream about whitefish finishing this thing up in several weeks and under budget all you want. 

4 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

well they might have been a 2 man company but they seem to have delivered by getting the right subs in place and in fact serviced the contract it seems better the fluor one of if not the biggest company of that type in the states.  

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

well they might have been a 2 man company but they seem to have delivered by getting the right subs in place and in fact serviced the contract it seems better the fluor one of if not the biggest company of that type in the states.  

so why did PR kick them out if they were doing a good job?

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

so why did PR kick them out if they were doing a good job?

Political pressure due to Zinke being from the same town.  Whitefish had a bunch of rockstars from the union working down there that put more power line back up from hurricanes then Fluor could ever dream of.  Many of the same guys that turned New Orleans, Florida, NY, Nj etc etc etc that have been devistated by Hurricanes we’re turning on Puerto Rico under whitefish...  whitefish hands knew what the fuck they were doing for sure!  Fluor grabbed us $800 million plus and turned a few percent on compared to the 68.4% that IBEW whitefish energy turned on....