Check your account email address ×

Why Opioids are such an american problem.

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

So what did you think about Trumps speech today on this topic and the actions he is taking?

I’m sure he hated everything about it and disagreed with it all.  But, he’s waiting for the proper podcast to give him his talking points before he discusses anything.

How “intellectual”.

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

So what did you think about Trumps speech today on this topic and the actions he is taking?

Terms like “evil” when describing opioid use isn’t going to cut it. I haven’t really heard any actual legislative plans other than banning one legal opioid. I liked the fact that he talked about his brother’s struggles. Good stuff. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Terms like “evil” when describing opioid use isn’t going to cut it. I haven’t really heard any actual legislative plans other than banning one legal opioid. I liked the fact that he talked about his brother’s struggles. Good stuff. 

He talked about developing non addictive pain medication and maybe this has been proposed or discussed in the past.

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Good story. The problem is big pharma and Congress.

So people are in no way responsible for their own actions?  How about Dr's whom have been prescribing them at alarming levels for how many years now?

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

So what do you propose? Some people need opioids for pain control.

Too many are using opioids for pain control. The use of opiates or opioids for the control of chronic pain is a very new phenomena the cane out of one single research paper dying the 1980’s. The research was simply wrong.

29 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Jesus.  Do you have a fucking opinion of your own or is this another FSCE news/editorial thread?  You know, most of us get the internet and thus, other news and media on our own.

well you do a lousy job of it :lol:

4 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

He talked about developing non addictive pain medication and maybe this has been proposed or discussed in the past.

What’s wrong with pain remedies that require some effort on the individual’s part? We need to move away from the ‘take a pill’ mentality. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The makers of OxyContin knew its addictive potential and buried the findings. 

When?  Pretty sure it was widely known that it's extremely addictive since the early 2000's? The Rush Limbaugh Oxy mess was in 2005 or 6? So in ten plus years people are still surprised by it's addictive qualities? It's still big pharma's fault? (Not that i even remotely like big pharma).

5 minutes ago, JEFF said:

When?  Pretty sure it was widely known that it's extremely addictive since the early 2000's? The Rush Limbaugh Oxy mess was in 2005 or 6? So in ten plus years people are still surprised by it's addictive qualities? It's still big pharma's fault? (Not that i even remotely like big pharma).

Quite honestly I don’t give a fuck who you wanna blame. But if you’re interested Google Purdue Pharma $600,000,000 lawsuit. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

10 minutes ago, JEFF said:

i agree with some of that to an extent. hell the tobacco industry "pushed" cigarettes, and still do. while not as deadly, they are a health hazard. what also baffles my mind is that the high dangers of heroin, meth and other shit are well known. so who in the fuck thinks "hmmmm, i'd like to try that shit?" we have a family member who dabbles in some of this and he's lost about 4 friends, mostly in over doses. we fear getting a phone call one of these days with the news. but i do want our gov to help with the problem because it's out of control. big pharma should not be allowed to push this shit the way they do.

Edited by Snoslinger

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Quite honestly I don’t give a fuck who you wanna blame. 

As this topic hits very close to home i say keep on blaming the wrong people asshole. Personal responsibility is paramount in the fight against opioids.  

Just now, Snoslinger said:

i agree with some of that to an extent. hell the tobacco industry "pushed" cigarettes, and still do. while not as deadly, they are a health hazard. what also baffles my mind is that the high dangers of heroin, meth and other shit are well known. so who in the fuck thinks "hmmmm, i'd like to try that shit?" we have a family member who dabbles in some of this and he's lost about 4 friends mostly in over doses. we fear getting a phone call one of these days with the news. but i do want our gov to help with the problem because it's out of control.

Bingo. :bc: