Check your account email address ×

Another blow to union workers, slashed pensions. Thanks Potus 44.

this is why I dont work for unions and my retirement is my own to manage. My grandfather lost his pension when the mining company he retired from folded. 

Fuck these unions and fuck the pensions they negotiated that arent worth the paper they are written on now

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

this is why I dont work for unions and my retirement is my own to manage. My grandfather lost his pension when the mining company he retired from folded. 

Fuck these unions and fuck the pensions they negotiated that arent worth the paper they are written on now

Correct.

So the companies that were by contract to fund these pension agreements with their workers did not and its Obamas fault?

Come on man. Corporate America fucks workers again with a sandy stick and you right wing douche bags suck it up as Obamas fault?

Edited by Mainecat

12 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

So the companies that were by contract to fund these pension agreements with their workers did not and its Obamas fault?

Come on man. Corporate America fucks workers again with a sandy stick and you right wing douche bags suck it up as Obamas fault?

so obama didn't sign the bill that allowed the pensions to be cut that much into law? 

Clearly regulators failed in what they required companies to set aside but considering the gov does the same why would we expect anything different from private companies.  People have 2 choices at this point,  hope and pray your pensions there or make sure you take plans to have income streams of your won because the pension system is not sustainable given how long it's been underfunded.  

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

so obama didn't sign the bill that allowed the pensions to be cut that much into law? 

Clearly regulators failed in what they required companies to set aside but considering the gov does the same why would we expect anything different from private companies.  People have 2 choices at this point,  hope and pray your pensions there or make sure you take plans to have income streams of your won because the pension system is not sustainable given how long it's been underfunded.  

Exactly ....if the company files for protection and is liquidated.....there is only the guarantee that the government made to back and regulate the pension fund. Businesses come and go and those people who worked hard did so because their pension was backed by the Fed and was supposed to be regulated etc etc

Every pension fund everywhere is going to take a shit eventually. These were designed in a different time and have not been adjusted and re-configured to evolve to the future. Same with govt pensions. However I'm sure our legislators have protected theirs. 

Just now, Anler said:

Every pension fund everywhere is going to take a shit eventually. These were designed in a different time and have not been adjusted and re-configured to evolve to the future. Same with govt pensions. However I'm sure our legislators have protected theirs. 

People should treat their FDIC assured deposits the same then......the FED can and will decided to fuck its citizens at will

But lets all cry when these politicians who have made a career fucking us dry get a brain tumor.....WHAHHHHHHHHHHHH

fucking pussies

Just now, Anler said:

pensions, ss and medicare all have the same issue-  they were created at a time where life expectancy was not so high.   As the people in the article thought,  retire early to let the next gen in,  well we shouldn't be allowing anyone to collect early,  they need as much time as possible to grow the funds.  Take a look at cops,  they retire at 45-50,  collect for 20 years before they are really of retirement age.  Theres no possible way a pension system like that can remain solvent .  I have no issue if you want to retire early,  you just can't collect until your 65 or 67 or 70 just like they have been moving ss to.

Just now, Snake said:

Talks big, does nothing.

"Pussy."

Expressing an opinion is not talking big

If I said......I'll kick your ass....and then did nothing. That would be talking big

When I say "politicians who fuck our rights and drain our country of wealth are bad people and need to die"

that is simply an opinion and one its tough to argue with mind you.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Expressing an opinion is not talking big

If I said......I'll kick your ass....and then did nothing. That would be talking big

When I say "politicians who fuck our rights and drain our country of wealth are bad people and need to die"

that is simply an opinion and one its tough to argue with mind you.

He's a snowflake.

Just now, Anler said:

He's a snowflake.

I guess.....if Harry Reid caught fire in a freeway I would laugh my ass off......maybe its just when I wish death upon R's that gets his panties wadded up :dunno: 

Just now, f7ben said:

I guess.....if Harry Reid caught fire in a freeway I would laugh my ass off......maybe its just when I wish death upon R's that gets his panties wadded up :dunno: 

Exactly. Maybe its the "War Hero" thing too. Im with you tho, I dont have much love for any of them. If the capitol building was sucked into a giant sink hole and everybody died i wouldnt give it 2 seconds of my time.  

Just now, Anler said:

Exactly. Maybe its the "War Hero" thing too. Im with you tho, I dont have much love for any of them. If the capitol building was sucked into a giant sink hole and everybody died i wouldnt give it 2 seconds of my time.  

i would take the day off work and get plastered to celebrate