Check your account email address ×

55 Mwhs of electricity.

• Gold Member
Posted (edited)

Got till the 28th of the month and it will be 3 years of making my own power.  Should easily hit 55 mwhs by then well exceeding my expectations on a $17000 system.  These things definetly pay for themselves quick as I’m just another 2.5-3 years away from having free power vs paying the utility every year.  Averaging close to 50 kwhs a day since the switch was thrown.

IMG_4827.jpeg

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 2

If it were my luck, in 2.5 - 3 years, when they start to pay me back, they'd up and take a complete shit and the company will tell me "oh they're life-span is over, you'll need a full up-grade!" :flush:

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, hayward said:

If it were my luck, in 2.5 - 3 years, when they start to pay me back, they'd up and take a complete shit and the company will tell me "oh they're life-span is over, you'll need a full up-grade!" :flush:

Don’t think you can find any Solar equipment these days with less then 15 year manufacture defect warranty or 25 year production warranty.  You would be hard pressed to find any equipment that wouldn’t be paying dividends well before the warranty is even up.  And just like a vehicle just cause the warranty is gone it doesn’t mean the stuff quits working.  Stuff last many years out of warranty these days 

52 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

The hail damage we saw on some solar panels south of here must cost many $ thousands to replace.

Just like hail damage on the roof, windows, or siding of your house would. 

Put the solar system on, have it covered under insurance, and sit back and let it make money for ya.

Neal

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Just like hail damage on the roof, windows, or siding of your house would. 

Put the solar system on, have it covered under insurance, and sit back and let it make money for ya.

Neal

Haven't for years now, but I used to make and sell solar panels, still have lots of new glass here. They were for heat, not electricity.

Insurance was very expensive so I never insured them.

3 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Haven't for years now, but I used to make and sell solar panels, still have lots of new glass here. They were for heat, not electricity.

Insurance was very expensive so I never insured them.

Current panels can take a 90 mph strike from 3” hail without damage. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...