Check your account email address ×

question about walker evans

never can a straight answer from anyone ,, when you adjusthe hi or low speed , are you supposed to hold the other knob from turning , if i turn one the other turns with it , been like that since new 

You'll need to hold the inner know by hand when adjusting the outer knob.  If both turn you the adjusted both settings 

16 hours ago, polaris7541 said:

never can a straight answer from anyone ,, when you adjusthe hi or low speed , are you supposed to hold the other knob from turning , if i turn one the other turns with it , been like that since new 

I'm up Nth I think I have some adjusting instructions I can post when I get home.

41 minutes ago, Doug said:

You'll need to hold the inner knob by hand when adjusting the outer knob.  If both turn you then adjusted both settings (did I correct your words properly?)

When I turn the inner only that one turns.  I assumed that by turning the outter, that was the only one changing, because the inner adjustment stayed at the same number of clicks from full soft or firm.  I often turn the outter knob while riding depending on trail conditions and it makes a noticeable difference.

Edited by Mag6240

Dug through some stuff and didn't find what I was looking so for.

I've always adjusted them as being 2 separate adjustments.  Basically hold one in position while adjusting the other.  Started by turning the outside(high speed) knob all the way in until it stops, then the the inside Low speed all the way in until it stops.  Hold the inside stationary and turn the outside knob out X-number of clicks, then hold the outside knob and turn the low speed knob out  X-number of click.  Haven't been able to find a "This is how its done" from Polaris of Walker Evans but that's the way I've always done it.

The low speed is a needle that adjust flow like a needle jet on a carb.  The high speed changes pre-load on the shim stack inside the Hi-Lo adjuster assemble.

Hi lo.jpg