Check your account email address ×

Life after death.

• Platinum Contributing Member

I remolded an 1890s mansion for almost 2 yrs and had many many many interactions with the resident spirit. I’m not god squad either. 

28 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I remolded an 1890s mansion for almost 2 yrs and had many many many interactions with the resident spirit. I’m not god squad either. 

i know what you mean

On 2/29/2024 at 4:58 PM, ActionfigureJoe said:

Any believers? Did any of you have a visitation from a good friend or relative that passed? 

I've had 4 separate dreams that were the most vivid I've ever had. They all happened during the most stressful and difficult times in my life so far. Two of the dreams involved my grandfather giving me advice and guidance. One involved my friend who committed suicide going on 10 years ago now, who just kind of hung out in the dream. The most recent was my dad, who I had a difficult relationship with, who also just came to hang out for a bit. I remember almost every detail of each one and I honestly think there's something after this.

when my dad passed in 99 i got his truck. 87 v10 short bed . black with red interior, 5.7 with a 4 speed. sadly rust got it while it sat the year he was sick. so i clean out all the reba cassettes , rifle shells, shotgun shells, etc out of the glovebox. good cleaning and i'm rockin'. it had a digital am/fm cassette with round dials. he had it of course on the country station , i'm on the rock station and it will likely be staying there. i'm driving along and a fox runs across in front of me , the wipers come on , and the fucking radio changes to country. freaked me out but it was still driving. the radio would change to country more than the wipers. my brother used it , and when he came back he said what the fuck is up with that truck? i said what do you mean. he said that thing is haunted. i'm not driving that anymore

• Like 2

i must be a magnet for the shit or the only one willing to say it. when i was little we lived in an area that had a huge farm across the road called the abeel farm. it was site of a massive fight with the native indians. many were killed, the women were taken and the men scalped. we lived close and there were other houses . most were part of the original farm. we were told by many that all the houses were haunted. yeah right. so time goes on and we are hearing some crazy shit. it had an upstairs that had the door locked. if you went up there it was just studs, no sheetrock. being up there made you want to get out. one night i heard all kinds of shit. i'm eating breakfast in the morning, my mom can tell i'm not right. she looks at me and said "you heard it didn't you?". yes i did and wtf is it. she didn't know but we were moving asap. my uncle was a biker and came with some boys to the house. my dad said , that one is too clean , he's a cop. sure enough he busts them. so the cop shows up in plain clothes. thanks my dad for not getting him killed. he told my dad he knew his secret was blown as soon as they made eye contact. my dad told him, you didn't stink. too clean. he admitted he was sneaking showers. he became friends. one day he asked my mom why the upstairs door is locked. she said "it's haunted" . he laughed. next time he comes she unlocks it and asks if he would go up and get a box for her. he goes up , she closes and padlocks door. he almost went through the door. she opens it, he said "wtf happened up there?" . we didn't know. so that farm has a big house. owners showed us it was part of the underground railroad. the hardwood floor opened and there was a room. had all kinds of initials in the walls.that house is now home to steve hartman the news guy

image.jpeg.8f6699534618d5e208706b6c4bd987ee.jpeg

Posted (edited)
On 2/29/2024 at 6:47 PM, sleepybrew said:

not sure about after , but ghosts are something different. laugh if you like , but my house has a guest. i have seen this thing over and over. told my old lady there is a ghost in the house. she laughed at me. years went on , and i have always seen this. so one day i come home and she is standing there with a weird look . i asked what up , she said "i saw it" . saw what ? the ghost. i asked what and where, she described exactly the same thing in the same spot. gave me the willies. since then we both see it. someone died in there a few years before i bought it, natural causes. i'll give you another. my girlfriends sister was dying from cancer in florida. my old lady came back before she died and it was a waiting game. so i get woke up by a noise in my living room. a bird is pecking my picture window like it's life depends on it. follows my old lady from window to window, pecking the window with a vengeance . she was sewing a quilt in the dining room, the bird pecked the window to the point of being blurry with peck marks. this went on for 3 days. followed her, not me. finally it stops, and we get the call. i told a friend , he thought i was bullshitting. he came and looked , i showed him the windows. he looked close and saw the marks , and said "i'm outta here" , lol . laugh if you like

Wouldn't an actual ghost prove something after death, deity or not.  

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Wouldn't an actual ghost should prove something after death. 

possibly. ghosts are supposed to be those who never left. the local hotel here had a room that was freaking peple out. they would come back asking for another room. they hired a medium, brought in a dog that immediately ran to that room sniffing the corner. the old history burned a long time ago. an old local remembered the girl getting murdered in that room and the do not disturb sign on the door. days later she was found. the dog went to the corner where she was found. it was on a tv show

Captain's Inn Point Lookout (East Windham)

The inn, previously known as Point Lookout Inn, was once the site of a murder. It's believed that  a couple checked into Room 12, but the woman never left because she was killed by the man she arrived with. Room 12's tainted past has resulted in patrons of the room reporting strange happenings such as foul odors, voices and flickering lights.

Conclusion:
During the investigation on this particular night, investigators were able to identify an area surrounding the bar and adjoining pantry area to have high EM Fields from the electrical equipment in that area. These elevated fields could cause a person to feel like they are being watched, see something out of the corner of their eye, get the creeps or have other similar experiences and should be taken into consideration when someone is reporting these feelings in that area.

Investigators did have numerous personal experiences throughout the investigation including hearing voices, feeling multiple anomalous cold spots, seeing shadows with no known cause, having the feeling like someone was walking or standing with them and our K9 - Ben reacted in a very unusual manner in the great room which is inconsistent with his normal behavior. The amount of personal experiences by investigators were above the normal and validate many of the claims by guests and employees.

Rescue International cadaver dog team was brought in on this case to rule out the possibility that the smell coming from room 12 was caused by a cadaver or somehow connected to a dead body or that body's spirit in some way. Being that it was more probable that the cadaver dogs would not alert on anything and a non-cadaver control dog would show interest in what would probably be a dead rodent, the hopes were to dismiss the idea that the smell was connected to a human cadaver and rule out the chance of anything paranormal. In this particular case, what occurred was the control dog did not show any interest in the smell and two cadaver dogs independently alerted on the same back left corner of the room as if a cadaver was there. This is the same spot where Virginia psychically picked up on the overdose death of a girl who may have had some blood loss in this area and died. The PPA was not able to rule out a potential paranormal cause using the cadaver dogs but the dogs seemingly re-enforced the clients belief that someone may have died in that room which could be connected to the activity.

Investigators were not able to find a logical connection from the smell in room 12 to anything paranormal or otherwise and can not give a definitive answer to the source of the smell that the clients often report in room 12. Although there is a possibility the smell could be connected to an entity inhabiting this room, we will not know that for sure until some time has passed after the cleansing that Virginia conducted in this area to remove two negative energies that she felt were present. If the smell does not come back or persist, then we can reasonably believe that it may have been associated with something paranormal.

Although not able to document any physical audio or video evidence but taking into consideration all the information gathered through the investigation, The PPA believes there is some level of paranormal activity occurring at this location but cannot determine just based on hard evidence alone that a haunting is taking place.

At the clients request, a cleansing was done by Virginia to release two energies that she felt were connected to rooms 12 and 14 causing the activity. Virginia believes that she was successfully able to release the spirits in that area. THE PPA will keep in touch with the clients and continue to monitor the Inn to see if the activity has been reduced or stopped altogether. Virginia felt any remaining spirits that were present throughout the building were not stuck or trapped at the Inn and of no harm to anyone. Being that they are on another level than the two spirits Virginia released, they would be much less likely to be observed at this location.

I for the most part lean towards life after death for many reasons but here are a few.   

First I believe something had to start this whole thing.   I don't buy into that it all came from nothing nor that its all been here infinitely. 

Second is there are some compelling stories of children who have been brought back to life telling of relatives and what not that they never were told about.   One was made into a movie where the child talked about a sister that the mother had a miscarriage late in pregnancy.   I think Greg Kinnear stared in it.  I would always be skeptical of an adult telling a story like that but it makes it more possible when it happens to a child.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven_Is_for_Real_(film)

Third I think there is some validation from the research in the book/film "A Case for Christ."  

Of course many will come on here and make fun of me or others that believe which is fine.   Pointing fun at something you don't understand is normal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

possibly. ghosts are supposed to be those who never left. the local hotel here had a room that was freaking peple out. they would come back asking for another room. they hired a medium, brought in a dog that immediately ran to that room sniffing the corner. the old history burned a long time ago. an old local remembered the girl getting murdered in that room and the do not disturb sign on the door. days later she was found. the dog went to the corner where she was found. it was on a tv show

Captain's Inn Point Lookout (East Windham)

The inn, previously known as Point Lookout Inn, was once the site of a murder. It's believed that  a couple checked into Room 12, but the woman never left because she was killed by the man she arrived with. Room 12's tainted past has resulted in patrons of the room reporting strange happenings such as foul odors, voices and flickering lights.

I've seen some really weird shit that was hard to explain in a few haunted places when I was in school in Texas but for the most part I'm not sold on ghosts.

One was a cemetery and the grave of a young boy that was murdered.  The headstone and a picture of the boy and some vandals shot a hole in the forehead.   As we approached one rainy night you could see a green glow coming from the hole.   When you got up close it faded away.   There was zero light to reflect.

Another was told to me by a few of the same people that went with me to the cemetery.   There was a baby cemetery they use to go to in high school.  The road thru it had a bridge that you would stop and get out of the car and walk away.   When you came back there would supposedly be baby footprints all over your car. 

i'm not a church goer and not easily convinced of things. i like proof. these are things i have lived myself. i know plenty that have had experiences like that. the ghost in my house remains and i see it on occasion. always when you least expect it. 

When my kids were young, 4 or 5 maybe (they're twins), my daughter was sitting on our couch eating breakfast and watching cartoons. She had a clear field of view down our hallway where the bedrooms and bathroom were. I was down there going from room to room doing whatever and she asked me if her brother was going to come out and watch cartoons with her. I told her that her brother was still sleeping but that I'm sure he'd join her when he got up. She said "who is that boy following you around then"? Not long after that, she was playing in her room alone and came booking out at a full run and leaped into my arms. I thought she was playing but she was absolutely terrified and shaking. She wouldn't tell me what happened. My mom built the house we lived in and we bought it from her, so it's not like there was a bad history in the house.

I think kids don't have the skepticism or disbelief that adults do and if any of this is real, it's going to be them that mostly experience it.