Check your account email address ×

(tech tip) have older C&A Skis... or just plastic skis?

not skies like most of the morons on Facebook.. 

anyway, did you know that in time the ski loop stretches out and the tips (leading edge) of your skis start going down and begin biting a bit harder with the keel than they are intended to?

this is the method to swap them out that I prefer (above)

or the spindle method which I don't (below)

https://www.caproskis.net/product/replacement-ski-handles/

looks like colored handles are back in stock, as the past couple year only black were available.

forgot to do this post a few weeks ago when I swapped out a pair that was a couple years old... major difference from the older stretched out handles.

IMG_20240112_074406216.thumb.jpg.28ab2da8fd06067ace63947dc84f000c.jpg

are you cheap and don't want to pay for new handles... move the old stretched out loops one hole back.  ;)

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

I tried C&A skis back in the day, one crack straight across right behind the bolt for the ski loop. They replaced that one, then the other broke clean off and I threw them away. I hated them anyway. Slp's were 100x better.

1 hour ago, HSR said:

I tried C&A skis back in the day, one crack straight across right behind the bolt for the ski loop. They replaced that one, then the other broke clean off and I threw them away. I hated them anyway. Slp's were 100x better.

huh... I have like six thousand miles on the pair in the picture.  never had an issue.  sounds like something you did wrong to me.  :lmao:

24 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

huh... I have like six thousand miles on the pair in the picture.  never had an issue.  sounds like something you did wrong to me.  :lmao:

I was racing AK440 :ashamed: So correct :bc:

On 1/28/2024 at 6:18 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

not skies like most of the morons on Facebook.. 

anyway, did you know that in time the ski loop stretches out and the tips (leading edge) of your skis start going down and begin biting a bit harder with the keel than they are intended to?

this is the method to swap them out that I prefer (above)

or the spindle method which I don't (below)

https://www.caproskis.net/product/replacement-ski-handles/

looks like colored handles are back in stock, as the past couple year only black were available.

forgot to do this post a few weeks ago when I swapped out a pair that was a couple years old... major difference from the older stretched out handles.

IMG_20240112_074406216.thumb.jpg.28ab2da8fd06067ace63947dc84f000c.jpg

are you cheap and don't want to pay for new handles... move the old stretched out loops one hole back.  ;)

They are just trying to make up for all the sales lost over the last 3 years while someone in china was holding their shit hostage lol

• Haha 1

Just now, krom said:

They are just trying to make up for all the sales lost over the last 3 years while someone in china was holding their shit hostage lol

I've mentioned the ski loop thing before... but seeing how everyone outside of AK's zip code in north america has free time to work on their sleds... 

disclaimer:  C&A ski's is not paying for our sponsoring this thread in any way.  but,  maybe they should?  :roflcrying:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, krom said:

Does May-Wes not make them here anymore?

1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

Does May-Wes not make them here anymore?

C&A did not have any stock of any colored handles at all for at least 2 full years.

They told people it was because they were in the process of developing a new mold, to increase production.

I know that rona caused a mess with resin supplies, but that story is bullshit IMHO

• Like 2