Check your account email address ×

Woman Sentenced to Work at Chipotle

• Gold Member

Perfect :lol:

https://nypost.com/2023/12/06/news/woman-who-threw-burrito-bowl-at-chipotle-worker-must-work-at-fast-food-restaurant/

Woman who threw burrito bowl at a Chipotle worker is sentenced to work at fast-food restaurant

An Ohio woman who was found guilty of hurling a piping-hot burrito bowl in the face of a Chipotle employee had her jail time lessened after agreeing to work at a fast-food chain as part of her sentencing arrangement. 

Rosemary Hayne, 39, was found guilty last week of assault after violently flinging her food at Emily Russell, who was working behind the counter when Hayne launched her obscene, caught-on-video attack. 

“You didn’t get your burrito bowl the way you like it and this is how you respond?” Parma Municipal Court Judge Timothy Gilligan said during sentencing, according to Fox 8. 

“This is not ‘Real Housewives of Parma.’ This behavior is not acceptable.”

Hayne told the court and Russell that she was sorry for her actions — before going on to say that the food she was given looked “disgusting.” 

“If I showed you how my food looked and how my food looked a week later from that same restaurant, it’s disgusting looking,” Hayne said.

Video taken of the chaotic September assault — which also went viral online — was played during Hayne’s hearing. 

Hayne can be seen in the clip slamming her order down on the counter while yelling at Russell for nearly a full minute. Russell, who is working behind the counter, tries to calm the irate customer while other customers start to take notice of her meltdown.

Then, from mere feet away, Hayne launches the burrito bowl at Russell’s face, causing diners to gasp.

“I bet you won’t be happy with the food you are going to get in the jail,” the judge said.

Gilligan sentenced Hayne to 180 days in jail and suspended half of that. The judge, hoping to “teach her a sense of empathy,” then made an unusual offer.

Gilligan told Hayne he would give her 60 days’ jail credit if she agreed to work at least 20-hour weeks at a fast-food restaurant for two months. 

“So I thought, why should the city taxpayers pay for her and feed her for 90 days in the jail if I can teach her a sense of empathy?” Gilligan said. “I also hope this deters others from this type of behavior.”

Hayne took him up on the deal and said she planned to get a job at a restaurant.

It’s unclear where that job will be and when she will start work. 

Russell, who has since found a job elsewhere following the traumatic incident, told the outlet she found the sentence fair. 

“She didn’t get a slap on the wrist,” Russell said.

Following the sentencing, a spokesperson for Chipotle told The Post, “The health and safety of our employees is our greatest priority, and we’re pleased to see justice served for any individual that does not treat our team members with the respect they deserve.”

Hayne could not be reached for comment.

• Like 2

Wow  . . . a judge with some common sense...

I'm a super liberal socially - bean counter that wants to turn a profit and do the right thing. 

Incarceration doesn't give anything back to society.... 

This judge turned a negative into a positive... Hopefully, it's a lesson that will make Ms. Hayne a better person in this world.

We, OVSC ( Ossipee Valley Snowmobile Club) had a convicted criminal, doing community service for our club.  Myself,  I feel he was unjustly  persecuted for his business enterprises . .. .

But, he was a better person helping, learning and giving back to society, than taking from society.

• Like 2