Check your account email address ×

Derp derp subsidizing green energy is communism

16 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Government should put a fee on every gallon of gas pumped for all the subsidies the oil industry recieves instead of the taxpayers have to un willfully sucking up and paying for it. 

Federal-Energy-Subsidies-and-Incentives-

15 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Interesting…. From your link.  

Another option? Taxing kilowatt-hours at charging stations. But Garett Shrode with the Eno Center for Transportation said that approach has its pitfalls because “80% of electric vehicle charging happens at the home and not at public chargers.”

It’s definitely something the iceholes have trouble getting their brains around. Home charging saves far more time and money's than any of the inconveniences associated with road trips. Because of the overnight surpluses of electricity in Ontario some places only charge 2.4 cents/kw.   Less than 1 cent per mile. 

13 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Poor Barb.

image.thumb.png.8eeab038d08a24669c1e4a198df1b24a.png

Obviously using tax dollars to put pipeline’s through native lands is the preferred choice when solar and wind keep getting cheaper and ev’s keep improving 

4 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Obviously using tax dollars to put pipeline’s through native lands is the preferred choice when solar and wind keep getting cheaper and ev’s keep improving 

“All of the above” should be the preferred choice for all of us. Making laws against one is foolish. 

16 hours ago, Edmo said:

“All of the above” should be the preferred choice for all of us. Making laws against one is foolish. 

I’d rather have solar in my backyard than a pipeline anywhere near me or up river. It’s even worse for you because congress got paid off to pass a law limiting oil industry exposure for their spillS and explosions. 

Meanwhile those hippies in California noticed a significant drop in hospital visits due to respiratory illnesses after widespread adoption of Ev’s. You may have missed that story while you were reading about all the ev fires. 

https://thehill.com/policy/equilibrium-sustainability/3841203-california-neighborhoods-with-more-evs-see-better-air-quality-public-health/

Edited by revkevsdi

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I’d rather have solar in my backyard than a pipeline anywhere near me or up river. It’s even worse for you because congress got paid off to pass a law limiting oil industry exposure for their spillS and explosions. 

Meanwhile those hippies in California noticed a significant drop in hospital visits due to respiratory illnesses after widespread adoption of Ev’s. You may have missed that story while you were reading about all the ev fires. 

https://thehill.com/policy/equilibrium-sustainability/3841203-california-neighborhoods-with-more-evs-see-better-air-quality-public-health/

Meanwhile California has the 3rd most oil refineries in the USA.

19 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Meanwhile California has the 3rd most oil refineries in the USA.

It’s part of the reason their air quality sucks in the first place. But it’s good that even locally higher adoption of Ev’s can make a difference