Check your account email address ×

*OFFICIAL* engine thread!!!!!

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Steel Dynamics is about the least top heavy company I know of and I could axe about 33% of the salary staff tomorrow and we would be just fine ....too many chiefs and not enough indians is the name of the game 

That's what's the problem here 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Roger.  You are in a good position.  Stick around maybe another 10 years and then pull the plug.  If you need some pocket change go back as a contractor.  It's kind of a cool gig.  Hahaha

I didn't need to come back but I was asked by a couple managers that I have a huge amount of respect for.  It's a great project that is very short term.  I'm loving it.  hahaha

I don't see that happening.   I'll go at least another 15 and even then, I'll still only be 59   59 with 35 years seniority 

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

That's what's the problem here 

I don't see that happening.   I'll go at least another 15 and even then, I'll still only be 59   59 with 35 years seniority 

Fuck me I'll blow my head off if I have to work till 59

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Fuck me I'll blow my head off if I have to work till 59

Our pension is based off age and seniority   I won't be old enough and have the seniority at 30 to reitre 

2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Our pension is based off age and seniority   I won't be old enough and have the seniority at 30 to reitre 

yah , that sucks.....I'm just gonna max out 401k until I'm about 49 and hope for a string of good profit shares and see where I'm at. If I can get close to a million I'll pull the pin and find some way to scrape by until I can draw

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

yah , that sucks.....I'm just gonna max out 401k until I'm about 49 and hope for a string of good profit shares and see where I'm at. If I can get close to a million I'll pull the pin and find some way to scrape by until I can draw

I'll only be 55 at 30 years.   I won't have enough points based on their system. It wouldn't make sense for me to retire, then go somewhere else and work for less money, and no benefits 

4 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I'll only be 55 at 30 years.   I won't have enough points based on their system. It wouldn't make sense for me to retire, then go somewhere else and work for less money, and no benefits 

yup , I know your situation well .....my dad got out with rule of 90 and that was done two years after he retired 

• Like 1

• Gold Member

I have 2 retirement plans....  The one that I just put in motion is get the wife more education so she could get into a job that can support both of us.....  Prolly 2-3 years of school and we should be there.  I would work a few more years and if it works out I will pull the plug at 50 and work a hurricane or an ice storm or 2 a year for fuck off money.  If that plan falls through.....  Plan number 2 is to work to 55 retire on 401k and pension and work a hurricane or storm once a year until Social Security kicks in on top of the 401 and pension.