Check your account email address ×

Friend of mine had to pay for 3 kids till age 18 after he killed their dad with his snowmobile..many years ago in Rhinelander, Wi.

XCR1250

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Oh, I see, because I enjoy something I'm addicted. Gotcha.  I guess I'm addicted to fireworks too admittedly.   Yup... won't be giving up my pleasures in life anytime soon.:thumbsup:

If it means anything to you, I did give up drinking for over 6 months once.... Just for the hell of it, no real reason.    Was told by many that I would actually feel better,( not that I was feeling bad to begin with)... But that turned out to be a lot of bunk.... Didn't feel any different.. No better no worse.      In reality, I could take or leave drinking.... I choose to take .

Free choice is great 👍

By all means, continue to justify it in your own mind to deem it acceptable.

• Platinum Contributing Member
38 minutes ago, Snake said:

By all means, continue to justify it in your own mind to deem it acceptable.

Many Ex-drinkers are the worst and are critical of those that still drink.... You are a prime example. :bc:..... But hey by all means you do you...

Really don't think my average of two beers a day is doing me, you or anyone else any harm. Never been a hard liquor drinker.    And while I'm not totally sold on it, some say two drinks a day is good for you.  But I'll drink for the pleasure factor.... If for no other reason

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

21 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Many Ex-drinkers are the worst and are critical of those that still drink.... You are a prime example. :bc:..... But hey by all means you do you

I have a great time when others drink, I have no problem with others drinking.

I have a passing fascination to people who can't control themselves and feel the need to drink and get behind the wheel. I could care less about you, it is the people you may put in a bad position because you think you can handle it.... I don't care that you drink, I care that you drink and drive.

"It ain't happened yet" is about as lame an excuse there is....

2 hours ago, HSR said:

2 drivers hauling wood to the mills here have gotten drunk driving charges here this year in their log trucks. Middle of the day, not cool.

There are alcoholics that can't make it through the day without a drink. I had an employee (and he was a friend) who drove his own vehicle to job sites just so that he could leave when he needed to. He was often useless after 2pm if he didn't get a drink because the shakes would set in. One day he left a job at 230 and went home. One of my trucks broke down near his house around 4pm so I asked if he could pick up my employee. Can't, I'm too drunk....It was a Tuesday....lol

My buddy worked for the local township driving plow truck for the winter. They found a bottle hidden under one of the drivers seats and let the guy go.

There was school bus driver in Toronto last year who was charged with impaired at 8:45am. No kids on the bus at least.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

There are alcoholics that can't make it through the day without a drink. I had an employee (and he was a friend) who drove his own vehicle to job sites just so that he could leave when he needed to. He was often useless after 2pm if he didn't get a drink because the shakes would set in. One day he left a job at 230 and went home. One of my trucks broke down near his house around 4pm so I asked if he could pick up my employee. Can't, I'm too drunk....It was a Tuesday....lol

My buddy worked for the local township driving plow truck for the winter. They found a bottle hidden under one of the drivers seats and let the guy go.

There was school bus driver in Toronto last year who was charged with impaired at 8:45am. No kids on the bus at least.

That's sad but true. I know many that succumbed to the bottle.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I have a great time when others drink, I have no problem with others drinking.

I have a passing fascination to people who can't control themselves and feel the need to drink and get behind the wheel. I could care less about you, it is the people you may put in a bad position because you think you can handle it.... I don't care that you drink, I care that you drink and drive.

"It ain't happened yet" is about as lame an excuse there is....

Dude.... it's 1 or 2 beers ,often times while going out to dinner with wife. If anything, I am more cognizant of being pulled over and actually drive a bit safer than when I'm totally sober.   Very alert to my surroundings...... Remember, I do drive for a living, so I do limit myself to less than legal alcohol percentage limits. I even bought a breathalyzer for the few times that I am uncertain....No worries. 

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Worked with a pool guy a number of years ago.

He was a booze hound. I drove and by 10 am he was 6 beers deep. No wonder he got little done and I spent a fair bit of time "putting out fires".

It coined a phrase I still use today, "drunken Newfie pool and spa" for much of the industry.

No offence to Newfies, most are salt of the earth hard workers, as much fun as this guy was his work ethic was brutal.

• Like 1