Check your account email address ×

Zelenskyy won't hold Ukrainian elections without 'financial support' from US, EU

• Platinum Contributing Member

Of course.  :lol:  

https://cbsaustin.com/news/nation-world/zelenskyy-wont-hold-ukrainian-elections-without-financial-support-from-us-eu-volodymyr-president-senator-lindsey-graham-joe-biden-congress-aid

KYIV, Ukraine. (TND) — Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy is demanding more aid from his country’s allies, saying it will be unable to properly hold an election otherwise.

The statement came in an interview published by Zelenskyy’s office Sunday, in which the president named the ongoing war with Russia and martial law as significant factors preventing an election.

“I told him: if the United States and Europe give us financial support... I'm sorry, I will not hold elections on credit, I will not take money from weapons and give it to elections either,” Zelenskyy said, recalling a conversation with Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C. “But if you give me this financial support, if the parliamentarians realize that we need to do this, then let's quickly change the legislation and, most importantly, let's take risks together.”

The Ukrainian leader also acknowledged a lack of the infrastructure required to allow 7 million citizens of the country to cast votes.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1