Check your account email address ×

Wonder Who It Applies Too.....

• Platinum Contributing Member

There have been a few angry posters on here :lol: How many on here are caught in this statistic: 

That appeal for unity – however laudable – appears to have fallen on deaf ears as new research shows that one in 10 US break-ups are now the result of political disagreements.

Even more staggering, almost one in four couples said "they and their partner have disagreed or argued about politics more than ever" since Trump was elected.

Don't miss: Mother catches intruder sniffing underwear on CCTV: 'I just want to find this pervert'

These are just two of the findings uncovered by pollsters at Wakefield Research (and reported by FOX Business) that paint a fractious picture of American romance suffering under the tumult of a divisive and unconventional leader.

"In my 35 years of matrimonial practice, I have never seen so many couples split over a political disagreement as with the Trump election. The essence is: you must agree with me," divorce lawyer Louis Brenner told FOX Business.

Most popular: Chaos and fights erupt at Florida airport as Spirit Airlines cancels flights

"I am frequently mediating these disputes between couples to help them draft a postnuptial or separation agreement."

Some 1,000 people from across the US were questioned during 12 to 18 April about relationships and politics. The stark results show that:

• 10% of couples (and 22%) of millennials have ended relationships because of political disagreements
  • 22% of Americans know a couple relationship "has been negatively impacted specifically due to President Trump's election"
  • 24% of Americans in a relationship say "they and their partner have disagreed or argued about politics more than ever" since Trump was elected
  • 33% of Americans (43% of millennials) who did not vote for Trump said they would consider divorcing their spouse if they did so

Edited by SnowRider

4 hours ago, SnowRider said:

There have been a few angry posters on here :lol: How many on here are caught in this statistic: 

That appeal for unity – however laudable – appears to have fallen on deaf ears as new research shows that one in 10 US break-ups are now the result of political disagreements.

Even more staggering, almost one in four couples said "they and their partner have disagreed or argued about politics more than ever" since Trump was elected.

Don't miss: Mother catches intruder sniffing underwear on CCTV: 'I just want to find this pervert'

These are just two of the findings uncovered by pollsters at Wakefield Research (and reported by FOX Business) that paint a fractious picture of American romance suffering under the tumult of a divisive and unconventional leader.

"In my 35 years of matrimonial practice, I have never seen so many couples split over a political disagreement as with the Trump election. The essence is: you must agree with me," divorce lawyer Louis Brenner told FOX Business.

Most popular: Chaos and fights erupt at Florida airport as Spirit Airlines cancels flights

"I am frequently mediating these disputes between couples to help them draft a postnuptial or separation agreement."

Some 1,000 people from across the US were questioned during 12 to 18 April about relationships and politics. The stark results show that:

• 10% of couples (and 22%) of millennials have ended relationships because of political disagreements
  • 22% of Americans know a couple relationship "has been negatively impacted specifically due to President Trump's election"
  • 24% of Americans in a relationship say "they and their partner have disagreed or argued about politics more than ever" since Trump was elected
  • 33% of Americans (43% of millennials) who did not vote for Trump said they would consider divorcing their spouse if they did so

I've argued with the woman many times about politics (especially Trump). We are not weak enough to think political affiliation means more than substance. 

29 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I've argued with the woman many times about politics (especially Trump). We are not weak enough to think political affiliation means more than substance. 

My wife doesn't like either Trump or Hillary.  Its called communication at a higher level as opposed to binary options.  Light ON Light OFF.