Check your account email address ×

Wagner group mercenaries move into Russian city.

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

They've frozen about $70 billion of Russian assets.  Drop in the bucket.   You think that will go far in rebuilding Ukraine?  You think Russia will ever concede without a compromise of their culpability?   You need to read up on WW1 and how that works out.  The world will pay for this more than Russia or it will never end.  Russia will be happy to just hold on to what they have right now.  

Most of the time America is in trouble when both parties agree on anything much less foreign affairs.   Both sides supported the Iraq war.  Both sides supported Vietnam.  

It’s over $300 billion just from the Russian central bank alone, and that was at the very onset of the war. It’s larger now. 

Russia doesn’t need to concede. It doesn’t require Russia to pay like Germany during WW1. We already have the assets. Or is there some other vague history lesson from WW1 you’re implying?

https://www.businessinsider.com/repo-global-task-force-freeze-330-billion-russia-oligarch-assets-2022-6?amp

I’m still laughing with you, silently. 
:bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, akvanden said:

It’s over $300 billion just from the Russian central bank alone, and that was at the very onset of the war. It’s larger now. 

Russia doesn’t need to concede. It doesn’t require Russia to pay like Germany during WW1. We already have the assets. Or is there some other vague history lesson from WW1 you’re implying?

https://www.businessinsider.com/repo-global-task-force-freeze-330-billion-russia-oligarch-assets-2022-6?amp

I’m still laughing with you, silently. 
:bc:

I still don't see them not getting much of that back.   It does the world no good to put them into financial trouble as it could lead to something worse.   Best we can hope for is some contribution and holding the leaders accountable.  Even that is doubtful.  I can see this being a decade plus long quagmire.   

Edited by Highmark

Ukraine got played by the western Oligarchs. Over 400k dead now. Now Putin and Prigozhin made fools out of everybody and potentially stole billions of our money. Brilliant!

• Confused 1