Check your account email address ×

Minnesota went all for the tax payers with that $18B surplus

Well after Uber threatened to cut service outside the wealthy sections of the Twin Cities, dumb fuck Walz did the only thing he could do, and Veto the ride share bill that would have made Minnesota the most expensive place in the nation to operate, yes, even more expensive than Manhattan.  

But he did go ahead and sign the Family Medical Paid Leave Act.  Using the Uber driver who makes $60k a year, that means for $468, that driver can take 12 weeks off PAID, at $1000 a week.  Yeah, this will end well...  But no worries here about keeping that TIT funded!  They seeded it with $668M until the .7% payroll tax can sustain it long term.  

All those damn rich business men and woman, they can afford it, they make too much as it is!!  FFS

Edited by Mag6240

4 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Is it still the SS Badger?  I took that years ago when I was hauling machinery.  Drove all night and got a room with a bed to sleep for a couple hours while we crossed.  That was what I needed.  Avoiding the shithole metro!!  It was cheap back then but I am sure it is expensive as hell now like everything.... 

It's been 20+ years since we took the ferry over to MI, but I'm glad we did it.  We decided to take that route to get to the NASCAR race that summer ... and I wish we would've taken the same route back!  I hate that damn trek down and around Chicago.  I don't even remember what the price was, but it couldn't have been too crazy because one of my buddies (he's a cheapo) would have whined if it was too expensive LOL 

6 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Well after Uber threatened to cut service outside the wealthy sections of the Twin Cities, dumb fuck Walz did the only thing he could do, and Veto the ride share bill that would have made Minnesota the most expensive place in the nation to operate, yes, even more expensive than Manhattan.  

But he did go ahead and sign the Family Medical Paid Leave Act.  Using the Uber driver who makes $60k a year, that means for $468, that driver can take 12 weeks off PAID, at $1000 a week.  Yeah, this will end well...  But no worries here about keeping that TIT funded!  They seeded it with $668M until the .7% payroll tax can sustain it long term.  

All those damn rich business men and woman, they can afford it, they make too much as it is!!  FFS

Oh boy, wisconsin dems are pushing for the same thing.  Must be the new policy from the dems to get voters.  It's funny how dem politicians all seem to try and pass the same laws and bills.

One of the cornerstones of Gov. Tony Evers' two-year state spending plan is a proposal that would give public and private sector workers 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave benefits by Jan. 1, 2025.

42 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Is it still the SS Badger?  I took that years ago when I was hauling machinery.  Drove all night and got a room with a bed to sleep for a couple hours while we crossed.  That was what I needed.  Avoiding the shithole metro!!  It was cheap back then but I am sure it is expensive as hell now like everything.... 

There’s a couple of boats….at least there was two years ago. The Badger is one of them. It’s not cheap. I absolutely detest driving through Chicago. Michigan Ave was ok a few years back. Used to enjoy the institute of art and lollapalooza. I don’t trust it now. Since I spend so much time living remote, I get anxious traveling through any large city. Doesn’t feel natural. Freaks me the fuck out.