Cheap quad challenge

No those guys are retards and are basically bankrupt. “Uncle Chet” is pretty much bank rolling them and they cling on some table scraps Garrett throws at them.

Edited by Not greg b

I watched a few but not for a week or so.  I think they're amusing, it's fun playing with the old cheap stuff.  I'm partial to the 90's Polaris two stroke stuff so I was happy to see they got a couple of those 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
12 hours ago, mnstang said:

I watched a few but not for a week or so.  I think they're amusing, it's fun playing with the old cheap stuff.  I'm partial to the 90's Polaris two stroke stuff so I was happy to see they got a couple of those 

I thought it was entertaining too. I’m glad they got some 2 smokers but how do they do a cheap quad challenge and not have the most obvious cheap fun quad the blaster.

3 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

I thought it was entertaining too. I’m glad they got some 2 smokers but how do they do a cheap quad challenge and not have the most obvious cheap fun quad the blaster.

Not sure, maybe they couldn't find one under 1500?  

There's a couple Yamaha die hards there so you'd think they'd be all over that 

9 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

I was surprised the scrambler won that I thought the 2wd would get stuck in that mud hole. It must have been more water than mud. 

Yeah looked like a hard bottom water hole 

Yep more Polaris domination.

Just watching the guy riding the cfmoto is what I dislike about newer quads.  They're way too freaking big.  That guy looked like he was 7 years old on that quad.  And then look what happened because he couldn't control it.  They just make everything bigger than necessary, quads, sleds, cars.  That is one thing I like about our 90's Polaris quads, they're smaller and super light, easy to handle and handle well.  Roll easy turn easy drift easy and go through shit easy.  Our newer cat quad is capable and nice but is huge and isn't fun to ride in comparison due to size and weight.  Pure utility, only.  Which is fine I'm not a quadtard but I like cruising around the property better on the Polaris.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, mnstang said:

Yep more Polaris domination.

Just watching the guy riding the cfmoto is what I dislike about newer quads.  They're way too freaking big.  That guy looked like he was 7 years old on that quad.  And then look what happened because he couldn't control it.  They just make everything bigger than necessary, quads, sleds, cars.  That is one thing I like about our 90's Polaris quads, they're smaller and super light, easy to handle and handle well.  Roll easy turn easy drift easy and go through shit easy.  Our newer cat quad is capable and nice but is huge and isn't fun to ride in comparison due to size and weight.  Pure utility, only.  Which is fine I'm not a quadtard but I like cruising around the property better on the Polaris.

Thought the same thing guy looked like a kid on that tank. Never cared for the big utility type quads myself I was  always a sport quad guy and always had sport quads. Even my bosses renegade1000 “sport” quad sure it’s a nice ride and fast but the thing feels like a big heavy pig I’d take his raptor 700 any day or better yet an old 250r.

• Like 1

Just now, X2700 said:

Love my scramblers!!

have two 400’s and a 500.

you can really rip on trails just throw your weight around and they go where you point them!

IMG_7346.jpeg

How do you like the 400 compared to the 500?  Does the 400 feel lighter?

400 definitely feels lighter.

500 has more low end torque for tight trails.500 also better for longer rides where your riding forest roads.

if your going to hit some sand pits the 400 has the tire speed!!

bought 400 new in 2000.had hot seat pipe on it.like to eat a piston now and then so for dependability pipe came off.

few years back we rode the two 400’s from silver bay to grand portage and back and that’s before there was atv trails up there!!!

• Like 1

Many years ago I went wheeling up north with a buddy and his friend up there had a scrambler they put an explorer tranny in so it had high and low. It went through shit pretty good