Check your account email address ×

First Brisk Pace Ride of 2023

D-rail

Since several folks do not or cannot frequent the "other" forum, I thought it prudent to include others who might not already know about this ride.

Taken from HCS:

Inquiring minds want to know...

The official/unofficial Brisk pace ride is gonna be held Saturday, February 4th. Starting in Silver Bay, we will go up to the Skyport Lounge on Devil Track for lunch, and then back.

As always, be ready to leave the trailhead @ 9:00. Not 9:10. You know who you are... That means it would be good to be ready to leave well before then, as it's nice to catch up with old friends, and greet any newcomers beforehand.

If you are running late, please call me @ 218-391-8507, or better yet, text me- so I can get the message, as sometimes cell service and getting through is sketchy.

This parking lot is 5/8 of a mile past the only stop sign along the main road into and through Silver Bay coming offa highway 61. Make sure your registration is visible, and current, with a full tank of fuel. Even though many of us are getting older, we travel at a somewhat brisk pace... this is not a good ride to attend if you are an inexperienced rider. But, we want everyone to be safe, do not ride over your head, and leave room enough to see the trails clearly.

Stops to get fuel will be available.

The disclaimer: This is in no way an endorsed HCS ride. It's just a bunch of fellow enthusiasts who enjoy riding and having a good time.

Feel free to include yourself, and meet some new friends if you haven't made it to one of these. I'll put another ride together in March, and we usually have one in Grand Portage near the end of the year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you again for the invite @D-rail !

It was a great time and I highly recommend it to anyone here who is an aggressive rider. We had great trails, and put on just short of 200 miles on Saturday. It's a good way to connect to the HCS and FS crew!

• Like 2