Check your account email address ×

just to clarify

• bill clinton making a real, unannounced bombing run on a suspect terrorist weaponry factory in sudan was "wagging the dog", designed to divert attention from things at home
  • trump making announced bombing runs on an airfield in Syria makes him a hero, protecting us from evil

amirite?

Edited by Snoslinger

15 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:
  • bill clinton making a real, unannounced bombing run on a suspect terrorist weaponry factory in sudan was "wagging the dog", designed to divert attention from things at home
  • trump making announced bombing runs on an airfield in Syria makes him a hero, protecting us from evil

amirite?

Is there 1 person on here who agrees with you? 

Can you think of one POTUS that would not destroy the airfield in which attacked civilians with gas? 

Can you think of one that would have done the same that Clinton did?

Would there have been outcry if Trump didn't blow up that base? Yes. Would there have been outcry if Clinton didn't do what he did? No, or not to the extent. 

Therefor your claim is a false equivalency. 

I'd rather we just ignored the ME as a whole. Let those fuckers handle their own problems. 

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Can you think of one POTUS that would not destroy the airfield in which attacked civilians with gas? 

Would there have been outcry if Trump didn't blow up that base? Yes. Would there have been outcry if Clinton didn't do what he did? No, or not to the extent. 

I'd rather we just ignored the ME as a whole. Let those fuckers handle their own problems. 

Great points but I still don't agree with the attack.  

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

yep, Obama :news: that is fact. duh.

Just now, Highmark said:

Great points but I still don't agree with the attack.  

I don't either. Stay out of their affairs. But on the scale of outraged mine is pretty low here. Of all the interventionist actions, this is as close as you can get to being justifiable. Still wrong, but not as bad as let's say invading a country on doctored intel. 

• Like 1

I don't either. Stay out of their affairs. But on the scale of outraged mine is pretty low here. Of all the interventionist actions, this is as close as you can get to being justifiable. Still wrong, but not as bad as let's say invading a country on doctored intel. 

Completely agree with this.  Great post.  :thumb:

i 100% agree with this post.

Oh, I was mistaken.. He would never drop bombs on a ME country we were not at war with. You are so right!!! My bad. 

Obama didn't attack Syria because he was trying to become buds with Russia and especially Iran.  

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Oh, I was mistaken.. He would never drop bombs on a ME country we were not at war with. You are so right!!! My bad. 

the topic is syria and chemical weapons. he had the chance to do something militarily but did not.

Just now, Highmark said:

Obama didn't attack Syria because he was trying to become buds with Russia and especially Iran.  

I look at it from a different perspective. Those who have bombs dropped on them hardly care about the socio-political ramifications. They just care that someone is dropping bombs. So if Obama did it for one reason and Trump did it posturing for Putin, I don't feel it matters in the more tangible and real nature. That being, it is still intervening in an unnecessary manner. 

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

the topic is syria and chemical weapons. he had the chance to do something militarily but did not.

I would argue the topic is dropping bombs on a sovereign nation without threat to America or its allies in a direct means such as those chemical weapons were dropped on US forces or our actual allies. IE: not the Al Qaieda that we apparently like now...

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I would argue the topic is dropping bombs on a sovereign nation without threat to America or its allies in a direct means such as those chemical weapons were dropped on US forces or our actual allies. IE: not the Al Qaieda that we apparently like now...

bush dropped bombs in the ME, Obama dropped bombs in the ME, trump drops bombs in the ME, Clinton would have dropped bombs in the ME and so on and so on. so there's really no point in discussing those situations. what you and i are  talking about now is the actions of trump vs Obama in Syria, specifically based on their usage of chem weapons. nothing to do with anti-terrorism measures.

Pure speculation but I'm guessing Tomahawks would have been flying rather Clinton, or Sanders was in the WH.   Out of all the POTUS candidates from the 2 major parties I honestly think Rand Paul is the only one who would have held back.   Sanders supporters flame away. :lol:  

25 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Why doesnt the media report on all of the innocent lives our drones kill?