Check your account email address ×

any archery/ pcp guys in here?

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, ZR800efi said:

my hero. cool story bro.

Just saying how it is.   Why would I get something I can't use for hunting?

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Settle down Eustace…😂😂

6B947F55-6A6F-4815-B7D4-1C5CF4832A7D.jpeg.77fb54a2ca63e8083cad69ec8ebc9eea.jpeg

:lmao: Fuck the recurves. :lmao:

no-time-busy.gif

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, Highmark said:

Just saying how it is.   Why would I get something I can't use for hunting?

legal in 10 states as of last year.its a new classification.it has more then enough kinetic energy its only a matter of time before there big game approved everywhere.

its performance is on par with ravin and ten point , which are crossbows costing triple of what this cost with a compressor. included with comparable fps. 

Edited by ZR800efi

8 hours ago, ZR800efi said:

legal in 10 states as of last year.its a new classification.it has more then enough kinetic energy its only a matter of time before there big game approved everywhere.

its performance is on par with ravin and ten point , which are crossbows costing triple of what this cost with a compressor. included with comparable fps. 

It’s amazing how little energy it takes to push a broad head through an animal. Your energy numbers are about on par with a 9mm round and there’s no way a 9mm is killing any large game at any distance. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ZR800efi said:

Modern day crossbows/bows are amazing.   With bows single pin from 10 yards to 40 if you know how to set them up.  Crossbows are considerably faster and flatter shooting yet.

When I no longer can draw a bow I will get an exemption and hunt with a crossbow.   They are sweet.   I just love shooting my bow so until that time I'll stick with it. 

With those I could see them having their own season possibly with early muzzy here.  I think Iowa is the only state that requires med exemption for crossbow so they might be slower to adopt the new tech and allow it into the full archery seasons. 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

It’s amazing how little energy it takes to push a broad head through an animal. Your energy numbers are about on par with a 9mm round and there’s no way a 9mm is killing any large game at any distance. 

the broadheads are like razor blades though.brush it against your finger even the slightest bit and you are bleeding. it hitting anything 400 fps or up is nasty. think i rather be shot honestly

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Modern day crossbows/bows are amazing.   With bows single pin from 10 yards to 40 if you know how to set them up.  Crossbows are considerably faster and flatter shooting yet.

When I no longer can draw a bow I will get an exemption and hunt with a crossbow.   They are sweet.   I just love shooting my bow so until that time I'll stick with it. 

With those I could see them having their own season possibly with early muzzy here.  I think Iowa is the only state that requires med exemption for crossbow so they might be slower to adopt the new tech and allow it into the full archery seasons. 

its pretty crazy.garmin has an optic now that uses gps/satelite tech to adjust your aimpoint to compensate for wind and other factors and adjust your reticle  accordingly automatically.. they claim a guarenteed hit ' everytime. tenpoint offers it as a package for there 470 x bow

talk about cheating . lol jesus christ.

crossbows  were illegal to hunt with till the summer of 2021 up here. now they are completely viable, no med exemption or any of that stuff. moose, bear, whatever.

the only requirements are that you use a broadhead designed for the task , no field points or stuff like that. the other is that it has a minimum draw weight of 150 lbs or above.

i think the compound bows can get away with less draw weight.id assume its because of a longer power stroke but i dont know for sure.

i do know its not apples to apples. x bows require higher draw weight to get the same stopping power of a straight up bow.

62-68 lbs ft is required for big game. a 300 fps recurve x bow can get those numbers.  this airbow according to chronographs are over 2 and a half times that. to keep these ineligible to hunt game humanely and effectively will be silly.

due to the arrow sitting on the hollow tube with the air chamber flush to the back of the tip head vs a string at the back of the arrow, archers paradox' is minimal if not completely non existent.. that with the higher energy rating should equal a longer range to effectively take game vs xbows.

that being said, id still stay in the 30 yard range anyway. treestand range. itll never have the range of a big bore rifle due to the weight/wind resistance vs a bullet. theres no disputing that.

still, i think its a cool alternative to a x bow.dont need to worry about snapping limbs or busted high tension strings taking your face off either, or the stupid cocking ropes and winchs that are required to cock crossbows in this power range are cumbersome and slow vs sliding an arrow over the tube and using the bolt action.

Edited by ZR800efi

• Gold Member

pretty interesting in close. a 44 magnum 17 feet away , stopped by a 3a body armour plate...then he shot it with a 350 fps crossbow with a field tip.....blew clean through.

Can a crossbow defeat body armor? - YouTube 

Edited by ZR800efi

26 minutes ago, ZR800efi said:

its pretty crazy.garmin has an optic now that uses gps/satelite tech to adjust your aimpoint to compensate for wind and other factors and adjust your reticle  accordingly automatically.. they claim a guarenteed hit ' everytime. tenpoint offers it as a package for there 470 x bow

talk about cheating . lol jesus christ.

crossbows  were illegal to hunt with till the summer of 2021 up here. now they are completely viable, no med exemption or any of that stuff. moose, bear, whatever.

the only requirements are that you use a broadhead designed for the task , no field points or stuff like that. the other is that it has a minimum draw weight of 150 lbs or above.

i think the compound bows can get away with less draw weight.id assume its because of a longer power stroke but i dont know for sure.

i do know its not apples to apples. x bows require higher draw weight to get the same stopping power of a straight up bow.

62-68 lbs ft is required for big game. a 300 fps recurve x bow can get those numbers.  this airbow according to chronographs are over 2 and a half times that. to keep these ineligible to hunt game humanely and effectively will be silly.

due to the arrow sitting on the hollow tube with the air chamber flush to the back of the tip head vs a string at the back of the arrow, archers paradox' is minimal if not completely non existent.. that with the higher energy rating should equal a longer range to effectively take game vs xbows.

that being said, id still stay in the 30 yard range anyway. treestand range. itll never have the range of a big bore rifle due to the weight/wind resistance vs a bullet. theres no disputing that.

still, i think its a cool alternative to a x bow.dont need to worry about snapping limbs or busted high tension strings taking your face off either, or the stupid cocking ropes and winchs that are required to cock crossbows in this power range are cumbersome and slow vs sliding an arrow over the tube and using the bolt action.

I don't believe the Garmin bow/crossbow sight uses GPS....its an integrated laser range finder sight.   GPS would not be nearly accurate enough to use as a sight.

https://www.scheels.com/p/garmin-xero-x1i-crossbow-scope/75375926389.html?store=&src=hardlines&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqoibBhDUARIsAH2OpWggEiF07UJd16vyXWweqYnkjADIwKDNQmRhr99uomuLY7sUpWsipvsaApvsEALw_wcB 

The Garmin Xero X1i Crossbow Scope features a built-in laser rangefinder so each shot will find its mark. This Garmin crossbow scope provides instant angle-compensated distance to game up to 250 yards away and reflective targets up to 500 feet away. The illuminated aim points automatically adjust brightness to the conditions, while custom bolt profiles allow you to enter your bolt information for accurate shooting across setups. The Xero X1i crossbow scope also features Laser Locate, allowing you to see the target's exact location when you take a shot or range (requires pairing to a compatible Garmin GPS device). Plus, a variety of Crossbow Dynamics like Aim Point Level, Roll at Shot, and Steady Aim give you more insight into your shot for confidence in the field. Take your next trophy shot with the Garmin Xero X1i Crossbow Scope.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I don't believe the Garmin bow/crossbow sight uses GPS....its an integrated laser range finder sight.   GPS would not be nearly accurate enough to use as a sight.

https://www.scheels.com/p/garmin-xero-x1i-crossbow-scope/75375926389.html?store=&src=hardlines&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqoibBhDUARIsAH2OpWggEiF07UJd16vyXWweqYnkjADIwKDNQmRhr99uomuLY7sUpWsipvsaApvsEALw_wcB 

yeah your right. i knew it was some sort of witchcraft. 

Garmin® Training Video - Xero® X1i Crossbow Scope: Everything you need to know - YouTube  

Edited by ZR800efi

2 minutes ago, ZR800efi said:

yeah your right. i knew it was some sort of witchcraft. 

Garmin® Training Video - Xero® X1i Crossbow Scope: Everything you need to know - YouTube  

Not witchcraft just a neat sight. 

I noticed that B&C (not that I'm making the books) doesn't allow the use of some of the new hunting gear like range finding scopes and cell trail cams.

III. Use of electronic communication devices (2-way radios, cell phones, etc.) to guide hunters to game, artificial lighting, electronic light intensifying devices (night vision optics), sights with built-in electronic range-finding capabilities (including smart scopes), drones/unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), thermal imaging equipment, electronic game calls, or the use of any technology that delivers real-time location data (including photos) to target or guide a hunter to any species or animal in a manner that elicits an immediate (real-time) response by the hunter. 

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, HSR said:

I noticed that B&C (not that I'm making the books) doesn't allow the use of some of the new hunting gear like range finding scopes and cell trail cams.

III. Use of electronic communication devices (2-way radios, cell phones, etc.) to guide hunters to game, artificial lighting, electronic light intensifying devices (night vision optics), sights with built-in electronic range-finding capabilities (including smart scopes), drones/unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), thermal imaging equipment, electronic game calls, or the use of any technology that delivers real-time location data (including photos) to target or guide a hunter to any species or animal in a manner that elicits an immediate (real-time) response by the hunter. 

some places will throw you in prison for mounting a foregrip to a carbine / pistol. 

firearm/hunting laws are written by retards for the most part.

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Noticed that too.  Not all wrong in my book however,  I lost some respect for BC after the King buck debacle.  

Edited by Highmark

40 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Noticed that too.  Not all wrong in my book however,  I lost some respect for BC after the King buck debacle.  

I agree,they fucked that up. I think they lost a lot of guys repsect over that. John King #1

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

I agree,they fucked that up. I think they lost a lot of guys repsect over that. John King #1

I think they like the idea of the Hansen buck being unbeatable.  Funny thing is the Hansen buck "looks" bigger.   

I got a likely Booner floating around (he was in my back yard this monring) but would not enter him if I got him.   He was very good 2 years ago then didn't show up last year and now he's back.   No pictures from this year yet.   Here he is then.  He's added some nice mass.    

IMAG0219.JPG

IMAG0220.JPG

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

I think they like the idea of the Hansen buck being unbeatable.  Funny thing is the Hansen buck "looks" bigger.   

It seems that way although the Hansen buck carried some doubt with the hunting methods if I recall. Yes it does,that why some pics don't do some racks justice. I drove up to see the Dryden buck years ago and just stared in fucking awe. Just a monster.

33 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I got a likely Booner floating around (he was in my back yard this monring) but would not enter him if I got him.   He was very good 2 years ago then didn't show up last year and now he's back.   No pictures from this year yet.   Here he is then.  He's added some nice mass.    

IMAG0219.JPG

IMAG0220.JPG

Wow what a fucking stud!!Thats a dream buck.

Here’s a couple from last Dec. Biggest bucks I’ve gotten on cam.

80915534-0B68-4372-B526-1D3C7853A8DB.jpeg

D2E841CA-CE49-42CD-A36D-89733DD9B0DE.jpeg

0DE71C7C-7A27-4063-837E-2E2B8CD6B8A3.jpeg

5525A801-B069-41BF-965D-467E27695F40.jpeg

15 minutes ago, HSR said:

Wow what a fucking stud!!Thats a dream buck.

Here’s a couple from last Dec. Biggest bucks I’ve gotten on cam.

80915534-0B68-4372-B526-1D3C7853A8DB.jpeg

D2E841CA-CE49-42CD-A36D-89733DD9B0DE.jpeg

0DE71C7C-7A27-4063-837E-2E2B8CD6B8A3.jpeg

5525A801-B069-41BF-965D-467E27695F40.jpeg

All very nice!   Rut is really kicking in here now.   Warm weather is pushing it to low light hours which will change as we cool down this weekend.  

1 minute ago, ZR800efi said:

wish we had deer here. we got moose and a few caribou, but liscenses for caribou are real limted and tough to get

Our deer herd is at near unhuntable levels. They didn't manage the resource properly and most deer areas are now moose areas.Moose tags aren't easy to get even though the population is exploding up here. With all the Metis harvester cards out now MOST groups have at least one in the group.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, HSR said:

Our deer herd is at near unhuntable levels. They didn't manage the resource properly and most deer areas are now moose areas.Moose tags aren't easy to get even though the population is exploding up here. With all the Metis harvester cards out now MOST groups have at least one in the group.

moose werent native here .they were brought in and exploded. they seem to thrive wherever there introduced it seems.

34 minutes ago, HSR said:

They are managing it pretty well here.   Pockets with too many and too few but overall its been the right numbers for a long time.

I've heard as the extra doe tags go out which are limited per county peta types go buy up many of the extra tags which helps keep the populations up.   Neighbor gave me 5 depredation tags to use this year.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

They are managing it pretty well here.   Pockets with too many and too few but overall its been the right numbers for a long time.

I've heard as the extra doe tags go out which are limited per county peta types go buy up many of the extra tags which helps keep the populations up.   Neighbor gave me 5 depredation tags to use this year.  

We used to only get a buck tag or a buck/doe tag where the doe can be killed in a specific unit. Then along came surplus doe tags because they felt there was too many so guys could shoot only 1 buck but 2 does  from each of the effected units.This stayed in effect until there wasn’t enough left. Other things played a role such as forestry, hard winters and a peaking wolf population but nothing like the slaughter that happened. Our group used to buy tags to save the herd but to no avail.