Check your account email address ×

Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion access law

18 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Why is the left so against common sense abortion laws.

Don't they want the highest of standards and regulations when it comes to a procedure that could effect a women's health?

Then less money would go out to grease the palms of their supporters.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Then less money would go out to grease the palms of their supporters.

That and they are afraid if they give a little they will lose a lot latter....same as we are about gun restrictions i guess.

22 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

Well finally someone(texas) was doing something about the overuse of abortion.

While I personally don't like the idea of abortion, I like the government telling women what they can't do even less.  This wasn't about anything other than the attempt to make it more difficult for women to find a clinic.  If they don't like the law in place (abortion), then they should change it if it's the will of the people, not do sneaky shit like they were doing.  I believe this is a personal choice by the women and they are going to have to live with it later in life.

22 hours ago, SnowRider said:

:bc: 

Normally I don't agree with much that you have to say, but I'll make an exception this time.  :lol:  :bc:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

While I personally don't like the idea of abortion, I like the government telling women what they can't do even less.  This wasn't about anything other than the attempt to make it more difficult for women to find a clinic.  If they don't like the law in place (abortion), then they should change it if it's the will of the people, not do sneaky shit like they were doing.  I believe this is a personal choice by the women and they are going to have to live with it later in life.

What do you think the dems are doing with gun rights..same fawking thing.

Abortion is not going away..but like I said I give kudos to Texas for trying to limit it the only way I guess they could try.

So your fine with 1 in 5 pregs ending in abortion?

Over 1 million a year!

Edited by Capt.Storm

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

What do you think the dems are doing with gun rights..same fawking thing.

Abortion is not going away..but like I said I give kudos to Texas for trying to limit it the only way I guess they could try.

So your fine with 1 in 5 pregs ending in abortion?

Over 1 million a year!

If that's an accurate number or not, I'm not fine with it and never have been.  I just don't like the back handed sneaky shit to circumvent the will of the people.  If there are enough people who want to change how it's used, then we can vote on it.  This is similar to how the sneaky bastards want to limit our guns - it's simply the other side of the coin. Dems - guns  =  Pubs - abortion.  :bc:

1 minute ago, SmeeAgain said:

If that's an accurate number or not, I'm not fine with it and never have been.  I just don't like the back handed sneaky shit to circumvent the will of the people.  If there are enough people who want to change how it's used, then we can vote on it.  This is similar to how the sneaky bastards want to limit our guns - it's simply the other side of the coin. Dems - guns  =  Pubs - abortion.  :bc:

No chit I just said that.

Listen ,abortion will never be overturned..but I would love to hear how you think we could make women more responsible to not get pregnant in the first place.

Me?  I'm for free birth control of whatever kind they want!

How many abortions were performed in 2014?
National Center for Health Statistics showed that 4,317,119 babies were born in the U.S. in 2007. In the United States, about half of all pregnancies are unintended. Of all unintended pregnancies, 4 in 10 are aborted. There are approximately 1.21 million abortions in America each year.

This is a very emotional topic.  I understand your disgust, but there is a shitload of misinformation based on anything of this nature.  I was discussing it with my secretary yesterday.  She said she heard the babies (fetuses) make noise when they are being aborted. (she's Catholic) I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure I can't make a sound without air going over my vocal cords. A fetus has no air in it's lungs when in the womb.

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

No chit I just said that.

Listen ,abortion will never be overturned..but I would love to hear how you think we could make women more responsible to not get pregnant in the first place.

Me?  I'm for free birth control of whatever kind they want!

I agree 100%.  I'd even go so far to make it mandatory until marriage or demonstrating some kind of union that's lasted for a year or more.

1 minute ago, SmeeAgain said:

This is a very emotional topic.  I understand your disgust, but there is a shitload of misinformation based on anything of this nature.  I was discussing it with my secretary yesterday.  She said she heard the babies (fetuses) make noise when they are being aborted. (she's Catholic) I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure I can't make a sound without air going over my vocal cords. A fetus has no air in it's lungs when in the womb.

Stop splitting hairs..the ones aborted all would have been born alive most likely if not aborted.

More..

Half are baby killing sluts in their 20's.

• More than half of all abortion patients in 2014 were in their 20s: Patients aged 20–24 obtained 34% of all abortions, and patients aged 25–29 obtained 27%.[3]

2 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:
How many abortions were performed in 2014?
National Center for Health Statistics showed that 4,317,119 babies were born in the U.S. in 2007. In the United States, about half of all pregnancies are unintended. Of all unintended pregnancies, 4 in 10 are aborted. There are approximately 1.21 million abortions in America each year.

It's another pass on actions that largely could have been prevented.  Fucking mandatory birth control without a license!!  lol

2 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

I agree 100%.  I'd even go so far to make it mandatory until marriage or demonstrating some kind of union that's lasted for a year or more.

Right..and apparently the sex ed in schools aint working for chit.

Stop splitting hairs..the ones aborted all would have been born alive most likely if not aborted.

More..

Half are baby killing sluts in their 20's.

• More than half of all abortion patients in 2014 were in their 20s: Patients aged 20–24 obtained 34% of all abortions, and patients aged 25–29 obtained 27%.[3]

Technically, I think they are deemed fetuses until they can survive outside the womb.  This, I believe, is the cornerstone of the pro argument.

Just now, SmeeAgain said:

Technically, I think they are deemed fetuses until they can survive outside the womb.  This, I believe, is the cornerstone of the pro argument.

Whatever..still will be a human if left to develop.

A rose is a rose by any other name.

Whatever..still will be a human if left to develop.

A rose is a rose by any other name.

Hey, I know.  We only have one life!  To deprive someone of that is deplorable.

3 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

I concur..prevention is the answer!

Could you imagine the uproar when you tell the blacks they have to be on birth control until married or in a union?  It would be epic!!  :lol:

11 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Cheering the death of unborn children you're truely a sub human piece of garbage.

I hope I run into you in the UP some day. 

Key part of your comment :)

• Like 1

Trouble is all us spoiled Americans can't deal with all this freedom.

We need to be told what to do and when..thats why the dems do so well.

Chicks go out and get drunk and then their legs automatically spread open...morals are out the fucking window.

Edited by Capt.Storm

Yes when most times it could have been prevented is all i'm trying to say.

I don't get it.  How could a woman who has had an abortion not take birth control afterwards?  I can't imagine getting an abortion is a pleasant experience.