Check your account email address ×

Biden will cancel up to $20,000 in student loan debt for certain Pell Grant recipients

So Joe is buying your vote by having the tax payer help pay for the student loan that you chose to take out and not pay back.  It was your choice when you took the loan out.  If you default on a car loan, home loan, etc. what are the consequences?  Your car, house gets repossessed.  If you don't pay your student loan do they take your degree away?  No.  Uncle Joe is looking for votes and will pay part of your student loan off for you.

Interesting factor is only 27% of collage students work in the field that they have a degree in.  So now some of you are getting help to pay your student loan off and of that 63% are not even working in the field you went to school for.

I payed for my own degree and worked in the filed I have my degree in.  Will I now receive a rebate.  Nope.  But now my tax dollar is going to help pay your student loan off.

More government hand outs to get votes to stay in an office you don't deserve to hold.

Only 27 percent of college grads have a job related to their major

Analysis by Brad Plumer
May 20, 2013 at 2:54 p.m. EDT

Gift Article

Here's some interesting new data from Jaison Abel and Richard Dietz of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. The vast majority of U.S. college grads, they find, work in jobs that aren't strictly related to their degrees:

There are two different things going on in this chart. First, a significant number of college grads appear to be underemployed: In 2010, only 62 percent of U.S. college graduates had a job that required a college degree.

Second, the authors estimated that just 27 percent of college grads had a job that was closely related to their major. It's not clear that this is a big labor-market problem, though — it could just mean that many jobs don't really require a specific field of study. (You can find Abel and Dietz's longer paper here, and note that they are excluding people with graduate degrees in this second chart — so no doctors, lawyers, college professors, etc.)

There's an important twist here, too. The chances of finding a job related to your degree or major go up a few points if you move to a big city:

The authors' argument is that "big cities have more job openings and offer a wider variety of job opportunities that can potentially fit the skills of different workers." The odds of finding a match between college degree and job are about 6 percentage points higher in a place like New York City than in, say, Syracuse.

Edited by Doug

11 hours ago, Doug said:

So Joe is buying your vote by having the tax payer help pay for the student loan that you chose to take out and not pay back.  It was your choice when you took the loan out.  If you default on a car loan, home loan, etc. what are the consequences?  Your car, house gets repossessed.  If you don't pay your student loan do they take your degree away?  No.  Uncle Joe is looking for votes and will pay part of your student loan off for you.

Interesting factor is only 27% of collage students work in the field that they have a degree in.  So now some of you are getting help to pay your student loan off and of that 63% are not even working in the field you went to school for.

I payed for my own degree and worked in the filed I have my degree in.  Will I now receive a rebate.  Nope.  But now my tax dollar is going to help pay your student loan off.

More government hand outs to get votes to stay in an office you don't deserve to hold.

Only 27 percent of college grads have a job related to their major

Analysis by Brad Plumer
May 20, 2013 at 2:54 p.m. EDT

Gift Article

Here's some interesting new data from Jaison Abel and Richard Dietz of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. The vast majority of U.S. college grads, they find, work in jobs that aren't strictly related to their degrees:

There are two different things going on in this chart. First, a significant number of college grads appear to be underemployed: In 2010, only 62 percent of U.S. college graduates had a job that required a college degree.

Second, the authors estimated that just 27 percent of college grads had a job that was closely related to their major. It's not clear that this is a big labor-market problem, though — it could just mean that many jobs don't really require a specific field of study. (You can find Abel and Dietz's longer paper here, and note that they are excluding people with graduate degrees in this second chart — so no doctors, lawyers, college professors, etc.)

There's an important twist here, too. The chances of finding a job related to your degree or major go up a few points if you move to a big city:

The authors' argument is that "big cities have more job openings and offer a wider variety of job opportunities that can potentially fit the skills of different workers." The odds of finding a match between college degree and job are about 6 percentage points higher in a place like New York City than in, say, Syracuse.

:news:

White House Tweets Vern Buchanan PPP Loans | The White House "This You?"  Twitter Thread | Know Your Meme