Check your account email address ×

Anyone looking for a vacation home in Vermont?

ckf

Just now, Angry ginger said:

I'd rather live in MA than VT,   subarus driving 10 below the speed limit on every road in vt it would make me an angry ginger again

The only place on our entire trip last fall that I got flipped off while driving the motorhome was in Vermont.  I was doing the speed limit and some 50 year old guy driving a Subi just had to pass on a windy single lane road.  We had just left Lebanon NH headed West on state Hwy 4.  We weren't more than a mile inside Vermont.  He was probably some angry New Yorker pissed off that he had to go back home.  

What a cool road Vermont 4 is though.  Some beautiful scenery all over the entire area.  Besides that one Subi driver everyone was super nice.  HAhahaha

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The only place on our entire trip last fall that I got flipped off while driving the motorhome was in Vermont.  I was doing the speed limit and some 50 year old guy driving a Subi just had to pass on a windy single lane road.  We had just left Lebanon NH headed West on state Hwy 4.  We weren't more than a mile inside Vermont.  He was probably some angry New Yorker pissed off that he had to go back home.  

What a cool road Vermont 4 is though.  Some beautiful scenery all over the entire area.  Besides that one Subi driver everyone was super nice.  HAhahaha

Did he have red hair :dunno:

9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I'd rather live in MA than VT,   subarus driving 10 below the speed limit on every road in vt it would make me an angry ginger again

Most around here do 5-10 over the speed limit. About the only time I ever have to pass anyone is on Rte 3 in NH heading to Colebrook.

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Haha!!!!

Just now, Momorider said:

Did he have red hair :dunno:

No, longish grey hair in a pony tail.  He slowed down right next to me long enough to look at me and flip me the bird.  I just smiled.  

I have over 80,000 miles behind the wheel of a motorhome.  I check my mirrors every 10 seconds.  We have laws here that if there are 4 vehicles behind you you must pull over and let them pass.  This guy wasn't behind me for more than a few seconds.  He was just pissed off that a big gas guzzler was on the road.  

12 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

No, longish grey hair in a pony tail.  He slowed down right next to me long enough to look at me and flip me the bird.  I just smiled.  

I have over 80,000 miles behind the wheel of a motorhome.  I check my mirrors every 10 seconds.  We have laws here that if there are 4 vehicles behind you you must pull over and let them pass.  This guy wasn't behind me for more than a few seconds.  He was just pissed off that a big gas guzzler was on the road.  

Should have slowed down even more.

1 minute ago, Dave said:

Should have slowed down even more.

I'm a pretty courteous motorhome driver.  I drive the speed limit and get out of peoples way ASAP.  We put 2500 miles on the MH in New England last fall and that was the only time we saw a rude driver.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

I'm a pretty courteous motorhome driver.  I drive the speed limit and get out of peoples way ASAP.  We put 2500 miles on the MH in New England last fall and that was the only time we saw a rude driver.  

Im courteous as well...but some people do very erratic passes just to get in front...so I accomodate them by slowing down even more so im easier to pass. ;)

Just now, Dave said:

Im courteous as well...but some people do very erratic passes just to get in front...so I accomodate them by slowing down even more so im easier to pass. ;)

Exactly.  I try to keep up a good speed when someone is following me on a 2 lane road but as soon as I can see a good passing spot I slow down and pull over.  Makes it easier for them to get around and not kill anyone, including me. :bc:  

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I would spend the 4.5 million in Hawaii. When I felt like riding sleds I would just spend a few weeks in Colorado

Why not BC? More bang for the buck...

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Way more.  MC is just talking out his ass again.  

I just thought spending US cash in the US was good....sorry it was my ass talking.

Oh and the weed was good

Edited by Mainecat

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I just thought spending US cash in the US was good....sorry it was my ass talking.

Oh and the weed was good

It is a good thing for sure but so is trading with our closest ally.  

What weed? :dunno: 

You're a good man AK I would have pushed the fucker into the ditch :)

Edited by Momorider

Next time make sure you do Rte 100 in VT. It is the prettiest road in the state. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermont_Route_100

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Next time make sure you do Rte 100 in VT. It is the prettiest road in the state. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermont_Route_100

Yep we will have to do Rte 100 next time for sure.  We were on a little piece of it between Bridgewater and Killington.  There are several nice Ski Resorts right on the side of the road there.  You come around the corner and boom a ski lift is 100' from the road.  Really cool and very beautiful for sure.  We chose hwy 4 west out of Lebanon for the Quechee Gorge and the Quechee State Park and all the covered bridges along that route.  I think we stopped at 4 or 5 covered bridges but there were several more along the way. 

What an incredible trip.  Can't wait to do it again.