Check your account email address ×

Anyone looking for a vacation home in Vermont?

ckf

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep we will have to do Rte 100 next time for sure.  We were on a little piece of it between Bridgewater and Killington.  There are several nice Ski Resorts right on the side of the road there.  You come around the corner and boom a ski lift is 100' from the road.  Really cool and very beautiful for sure.  We chose hwy 4 west out of Lebanon for the Quechee Gorge and the Quechee State Park and all the covered bridges along that route.  I think we stopped at 4 or 5 covered bridges but there were several more along the way. 

What an incredible trip.  Can't wait to do it again.  

abbd27d3d07766e59efb44e1cb502da56133c0c3

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep we will have to do Rte 100 next time for sure.  We were on a little piece of it between Bridgewater and Killington.  There are several nice Ski Resorts right on the side of the road there.  You come around the corner and boom a ski lift is 100' from the road.  Really cool and very beautiful for sure.  We chose hwy 4 west out of Lebanon for the Quechee Gorge and the Quechee State Park and all the covered bridges along that route.  I think we stopped at 4 or 5 covered bridges but there were several more along the way. 

What an incredible trip.  Can't wait to do it again.  

Quechee Gorge is a beautiful area too. Heck, most of New England is beautiful that time of year. Did you do the The Kancamagus Highway in NH? Another must do in the fall.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Quechee Gorge is a beautiful area too. Heck, most of New England is beautiful that time of year. Did you do the The Kancamagus Highway in NH? Another must do in the fall.

Almost did the Kanca Hwy but we went from Fryeburg Maine to Conway then up the 302 through the Crawford Notch.  I really wanted to see Mt Washington and the Omni Resort.

Pictures just don't do this place justice.  Dinner on the back deck looking at Mt Washington was incredible

14611124_10153781511616513_1622783078391

Our view from the dinner table.  The trees were just starting to turn.  By the next day or so once we reached to top of New Hampshire the colors were in full bloom.

14516323_10153781511751513_4638395841651

14590334_10153781507376513_3771450934090

• Like 1

Crawford notch is the prettiest of the notches IMO. Put the Kanc on the list for your next trip.

Yes, The Mt Washington Hotel is beautiful. This is the only good photo that I have of it. It was 20 below when I stopped to take that photo, my hands were frozen by the time I got back in the car. I've sold enough pics to make it worth it though :)

2011_01_17_mt_washington_hotel_2.jpg

• Like 2

The Quechee Gorge.  That's like 170' down to the bottom.  Very cool.  

14570333_10153786451976513_1488386018828

The RV we rented.  Kind of a piece of shit but it worked good for the most part.  It helped me confirm I would not want to own a Fleetwood Motorhome.  But we're getting way off subject now. Hahaha

14568206_10153786452086513_1791944169607

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

The RV we rented.  Kind of a piece of shit but it worked good for the most part.  It helped me confirm I would not want to own a Fleetwood Motorhome.  But we're getting way off subject now. Hahaha

Did you hike down to the bottom?

Who gives a fuck if we get a little off subject, haha.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Did you hike down to the bottom?

Who gives a fuck if we get a little off subject, haha.

No we didn't hike down.  It was like a tuesday and the place was packed.  We walked across the bridge a few times with all the other tourists.  Hahaha

Well you own the place so I guess it's ok. :lol:  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

No we didn't hike down.  It was like a tuesday and the place was packed.  We walked across the bridge a few times with all the other tourists.  Hahaha

Well you own the place so I guess it's ok. :lol:  

Every thread here gets off topic at some point. One of the many benefits of an un-moderated forum :lol2:

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Thats a nice rv Tom...whats it got for a motor?

I just saw you said it was a pos...looks nice tho. :lol:

Edited by Dave

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Thats a nice rv Tom...whats it got for a motor?

I just saw you said it was a pos...looks nice tho. :lol:

It was a 2013 with about 15000 miles on it.  6.8L V10 Tritan and a 5 speed tranny.  It was only 28' long and was on an 18000 GVWR chassis.  Only weighed about 14000 empty.  I was expecting decent fuel economy and lots of pep out of the 365hp motor.  It got horrible fuel economy, no better than 5MPG for the average of our trip.  It rode like complete shit.  You could feel every imperfection in the road.  It wandered back and forth from one lane to the next.  If came from the factory with a tire that looks like it should have been on a Off Road wrecker.  Super loud and a terrible ride.  Just a horrible choice for a tire.  I brought my own pressure gauge and checked and adjusted tire pressure like 4 times and never could get the thing to ride or drive properly.  The only time it would get out of it's own way was when you stood on the gas WOT and the motor was revving to about 5000RPM .  The thing sounded like it was gonna kick a rod out the side of the block.  

Inside it was just a super cheaply built motorhome.  The lowest quality of everything.  The slide system and leveling system was also the lowest quality system available in a motorhome.  It looked brand new inside and out but it was nothing more than a Class C motorhome with a Class A front instead of a Van.  

With a MSRP of about $95k I expected a little more.  Glad I was just renting.  

The tires.

159149-bigfull.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

It was a 2013 with about 15000 miles on it.  6.8L V10 Tritan and a 5 speed tranny.  It was only 28' long and was on an 18000 GVWR chassis.  Only weighed about 14000 empty.  I was expecting decent fuel economy and lots of pep out of the 365hp motor.  It got horrible fuel economy, no better than 5MPG for the average of our trip.  It rode like complete shit.  You could feel every imperfection in the road.  It wandered back and forth from one lane to the next.  If came from the factory with a tire that looks like it should have been on a Off Road wrecker.  Super loud and a terrible ride.  Just a horrible choice for a tire.  I brought my own pressure gauge and checked and adjusted tire pressure like 4 times and never could get the thing to ride or drive properly.  The only time it would get out of it's own way was when you stood on the gas WOT and the motor was revving to about 5000RPM .  The thing sounded like it was gonna kick a rod out the side of the block.  

Inside it was just a super cheaply built motorhome.  The lowest quality of everything.  The slide system and leveling system was also the lowest quality system available in a motorhome.  It looked brand new inside and out but it was nothing more than a Class C motorhome with a Class A front instead of a Van.  

With a MSRP of about $95k I expected a little more.  Glad I was just renting.  

The tires.

159149-bigfull.jpg

My father had a f250 for couple yrs with a v10...i recall him saying he avg. around 6-8 mpg pulling his rv. :bc: