Check your account email address ×

Why Russia can’t control the skies

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

China has been stealing and or buying the world's technology for the last couple decades. We haven't done shit about that. That should tell you everything you need to know. 

I agree but my point is that just stealing the tech may work for manufacturing a Washing machine or television it does not translate into aviation quite as easily. I work on engines that while still produced and maintained are from designs that go back 50 years or more. Even though they have been around that long after a overhaul every engine needs to be tested and tweeked. Creating and keeping the tribe of people it takes to maintain engines is a challenge let alone the airframe, avionics, and weapons systems. Airplanes are still the cathedrals of the 21st century taking a wide range of skilled people to make. China will surpass Russia in aircraft design and quality in the next 20 years but I would not be so quick to discount the aviation culture that is in the US, Europe, Sweden, Israel and even Canada and Brazil. If China wants to be a player they are going to have to put in the time and effort.  

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Like I said, big 401k's are a blast. Cheap Chinese labor rules. 

Sure but china owns lots of companies around the world that aren't "officially" Chinese. And they are big players in energy. An authoritarian govt who has committed far more human rights violations than the evil Russians and has a larger more modern military... Meh

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

Sure but china owns lots of companies around the world that aren't "officially" Chinese. And they are big players in energy. An authoritarian govt who has committed far more human rights violations than the evil Russians and has a larger more modern military... Meh

I'm not convinced China is the big bad authoritarian government that the powers to be in this country push on us. How much is propaganda? China doesn't invade other nations. America does. Russia does. 

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I agree but my point is that just stealing the tech may work for manufacturing a Washing machine or television it does not translate into aviation quite as easily. I work on engines that while still produced and maintained are from designs that go back 50 years or more. Even though they have been around that long after a overhaul every engine needs to be tested and tweeked. Creating and keeping the tribe of people it takes to maintain engines is a challenge let alone the airframe, avionics, and weapons systems. Airplanes are still the cathedrals of the 21st century taking a wide range of skilled people to make. China will surpass Russia in aircraft design and quality in the next 20 years but I would not be so quick to discount the aviation culture that is in the US, Europe, Sweden, Israel and even Canada and Brazil. If China wants to be a player they are going to have to put in the time and effort.  

The Pentagon has conducted war simulations against China in the south china sea. In all simulations we lost.

The traditional method of warfare is relevant against a smaller less modern opponent. We are in an age of technology never seen before and increasing exponentially by the day. I don't discount China's capability especially since our W's vs L's isn't a very good resume. Our biggest threat right now is economic and we are losing big time. 

We are all focused on what is the equivalent of an eastern gas station with outdated military all the while china has gone unchecked on all levels and has been building militarily faster than anyone else. We are going to eat our own lunch by the time we are done with Russia. And really russia isn't a threat to us long term. Fucking dumb. 

Just now, Anler said:

The Pentagon has conducted war simulations against China in the south china sea. In all simulations we lost.

The traditional method of warfare is relevant against a smaller less modern opponent. We are in an age of technology never seen before and increasing exponentially by the day. I don't discount China's capability especially since our W's vs L's isn't a very good resume. Our biggest threat right now is economic and we are losing big time. 

We are all focused on what is the equivalent of an eastern gas station with outdated military all the while china has gone unchecked on all levels and has been building militarily faster than anyone else. We are going to eat our own lunch by the time we are done with Russia. And really russia isn't a threat to us long term. Fucking dumb. 

It's in the Pentagon's best interest for those simulations to show a China win. Anything coming out of the Pentagon is mostly bullshit. China uses mostly Russian made gear. It's obvious how shitty it is. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I'm not convinced China is the big bad authoritarian government that the powers to be in this country push on us. How much is propaganda? China doesn't invade other nations. America does. Russia does. 

No they buy them. They have a significant presence on every continent. 

China is absolutely authoritarian. They don't have freedom and all information is state controlled. 

• Thanks 1

It's in the Pentagon's best interest for those simulations to show a China win. Anything coming out of the Pentagon is mostly bullshit. China uses mostly Russian made gear. It's obvious how shitty it is. 

So I guess Russia is winning then. :lol:

1 minute ago, Anler said:

China is absolutely authoritarian. They don't have freedom and all information is state controlled. 

So we're told by our media. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

So we're told by our media. 

One of our members son is in the military. Stand offs with the Chinese is almost a daily occurrence. Again, the media. But RuSsIa!!!

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

And instead of buying them, America crushes them into submission.

And instead of buying them, America crushes them into submission.

America steals them for our corporate masters. We buy them for for THEM. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

One of our members son is in the military. Stand offs with the Chinese is almost a daily occurrence. Again, the media. But RuSsIa!!!

Russia's track record of invading countries is about the same as America's. Both thuggish dickwads. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

How do you propose 360 million people end up with more power and influence than 2 billion people?  This will be a Chinese Century just like the last one was a US century the question will be our position and role.  I would not get to worried about Pentagon projections just yet as we lose in almost everyone of those so that the brass at the pentagon can sell the next big weapon system to congress. I would say that China has taken on one idea from the US in places like Africa and South America is it is easier to buy your way in than to fight your way in.

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Russia's track record of invading countries is about the same as America's. Both thuggish dickwads. 

I can't disagree there. Your most despised YouTuber showed a damaging video of how some others feel. I know, fuck the Irish!

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

How do you propose 360 million people end up with more power and influence than 2 billion people?  This will be a Chinese Century just like the last one was a US century the question will be our position and role.  I would not get to worried about Pentagon projections just yet as we lose in almost everyone of those so that the brass at the pentagon can sell the next big weapon system to congress. I would say that China has taken on one idea from the US in places like Africa and South America is it is easier to buy your way in than to fight your way in.

Easy pickings for the Chinese given our past in those places. We aren't viewed as liberators. 

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

Neither will the Chinese over time but like I said money gets your foot in the door.

It won't matter by then. Most of eastern Europe that we occupied after the fall of the Soviet union is militarized. China will do the same.