Check your account email address ×

Lucky guy

NEWS | LOCAL

Spooner man fuels up snowmobile, wins $1M lottery

Daniel Bellefeuille purchased the winning ticket at the Spooner Marathon station.

Spooner Powerball winner

Daniel Bellefeuille and his partner, Cathy Stoklasa, hold the $1 million prize check he won in the Jan. 17 Powerball lottery drawing. Bellefeuille was gassing up his snowmobile at the Marathon station in Spooner, Wis., when he decided to buy the ticket.

Contributed / Wisconsin Lottery
February 03, 2022 11:07 AM

SPOONER, Wis. — Daniel Bellefeuille brought his snowmobile over to the Marathon gas station one day last month, filled it up with gas and bought a $2 lottery ticket when he paid the cashier.

That ticket won him $1 million in the Powerball game.

Bellefeuille, 61, told lottery officials he always had a feeling he was going to win big playing the Powerball.

"I had a dream ever since the Powerball started that I was going to win," Bellefeuille said in a statement while picking up his check. "This comes at the right time because I'm going to retire."

A career builder and construction worker, the Spooner man says he plans to purchase a new, "but used" vehicle and finish a house he’s building on his property. "This will help me finish it."

Bellefeuille matched five numbers in the Jan. 17 drawing — 9, 24, 35, 46, 65 — but missed the Powerball of 22 (which would have made him much richer.) For selling the $1 million Powerball ticket, Spooner Marathon received $20,000.

The odds of winning the $1 million Powerball prize are 1 in 11,688,054.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Sorry don but I gotta say it looks like a blonde dude standing next to the dude.  Congrats to him but I didn't think I would see that in NW sconny....  amirite?

With a mlion $ I'm sure he'll be able to upgrade

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, XCR1250 said:
NEWS | LOCAL

Spooner man fuels up snowmobile, wins $1M lottery

Daniel Bellefeuille purchased the winning ticket at the Spooner Marathon station.

Spooner Powerball winner

Daniel Bellefeuille and his partner, Cathy Stoklasa, hold the $1 million prize check he won in the Jan. 17 Powerball lottery drawing. Bellefeuille was gassing up his snowmobile at the Marathon station in Spooner, Wis., when he decided to buy the ticket.

Contributed / Wisconsin Lottery
February 03, 2022 11:07 AM

SPOONER, Wis. — Daniel Bellefeuille brought his snowmobile over to the Marathon gas station one day last month, filled it up with gas and bought a $2 lottery ticket when he paid the cashier.

That ticket won him $1 million in the Powerball game.

Bellefeuille, 61, told lottery officials he always had a feeling he was going to win big playing the Powerball.

"I had a dream ever since the Powerball started that I was going to win," Bellefeuille said in a statement while picking up his check. "This comes at the right time because I'm going to retire."

A career builder and construction worker, the Spooner man says he plans to purchase a new, "but used" vehicle and finish a house he’s building on his property. "This will help me finish it."

Bellefeuille matched five numbers in the Jan. 17 drawing — 9, 24, 35, 46, 65 — but missed the Powerball of 22 (which would have made him much richer.) For selling the $1 million Powerball ticket, Spooner Marathon received $20,000.

The odds of winning the $1 million Powerball prize are 1 in 11,688,054.

That’s awesome