Mitt Romney says he tested positive for COVID-19

Victoria Albert
Fri, January 28, 2022, 7:26 PM

In this article:
  •  

• Mitt Romney
    Mitt Romney
    United States Senator

Utah Senator Mitt Romney has tested positive for COVID-19, his office said in a statement Friday night. The 74-year-old Republican, who has been fully vaccinated and boosted, is asymptomatic.

The statement said Romney will isolate and work remotely until he is cleared to return. His wife, who is also fully vaccinated and boosted, has so far tested negative.

Romney joins dozens of other members of Congress who have tested positive for the virus despite being fully vaccinated. In recent weeks, lawmakers including Virginia Senator Mark Warner and Arizona Representative Raúl Grijalva have announced positive test results.

While being vaccinated significantly lowers the chances of contracting COVID-19, breakthrough infections are still common, according to the CDC. But research has shown that the vaccine significantly lowers a person's chances of being hospitalized or dying from the virus.

My wife has a GF who is a big vax nazzi . Guess where she ended up today as she was coughing up blood and had liver values off the charts  . Not really funny but I still had to lol a little after all her bullshit I have listened to . And if she makes it and I am sure she will it will be some fun conversation next to e we spar off lol

• Like 2

• Gold Member
On 1/29/2022 at 10:55 PM, Ez ryder said:

My wife has a GF who is a big vax nazzi . Guess where she ended up today as she was coughing up blood and had liver values off the charts  . Not really funny but I still had to lol a little after all her bullshit I have listened to . And if she makes it and I am sure she will it will be some fun conversation next to e we spar off lol

Hope she gets better bud...

Vax or no vax everyone will get it eventually 

No way to avoid any of the variants.  Impossible.  I beat the omicron with natural immunity from the delta and will continue to rely on it (natural immunity).  I have a couple of vax nazi's in the family who have now gotten delta and/or omicron and have had the same or worse symptoms than I had with them. 

More and more are going to continue to wake up to the fact that the vax boosters are doing jack shit at the moment and the risk of adverse side effects from them is not worth it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Hope she gets better bud...

Vax or no vax everyone will get it eventually 

Me to can't wait to talk with her about how her vaccine keeps her from the hospital . She is better today still in ER but no longer coughing up blood. 

You just know the argument will now be she would have been dead with out it lol

• Gold Member
On 1/31/2022 at 3:08 PM, Ez ryder said:

Me to can't wait to talk with her about how her vaccine keeps her from the hospital . She is better today still in ER but no longer coughing up blood. 

Thats brutal Man...sorry to hear she is in the ER. :(

That could be an argument,  but what also could be the argument is the vaccines gave her more problems. 

Too much unknown with this Covid shit. Hopefully someday we get the truth and/or they figure it out. 

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Asymptomatic. #winning fir Romney 

Jesus Chris man Grow up. 

On 1/31/2022 at 2:08 PM, Ez ryder said:

Given the research, there’s a very good chance she would’ve been far sicker without the vaccine.