Check your account email address ×

ok geeks, anyone familiar with cell to landline service?

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

so he has internet and phone provided by an ATT cell modem.    Somewhat common in rural areas with decent cell coverage.  SHould work similar to your comcast or whatever.  .  

No internet. Just a phone. Untill I looked at it , I never even saw something like this . Problem is I need to turn the wireless voicemail off so his reg answering machine can work.

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

No internet. Just a phone. Untill I looked at it , I never even saw something like this . Problem is I need to turn the wireless voicemail off so his reg answering machine can work.

I don't have any experience with that type of setup specifically but does the modem have more than one phone jack? 

It's possible you can plug the answering machine into the other jack on the modem(if it has one) otherwise just get a phone jack splitter, plug that into the modem and then plug the phone and answering machine into the splitter. 

Unless there's something different with that modem, this should work. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Google the make and model of the model and look for how to turn off or disable voicemail for that unit, call ATT and ask for help, or can you change the answering machine to pick up on 2 or 3 rings?? most voicemails usually pick up after 4 rings???

• Thanks 1

Almost sounds like he has a landline PHONE that will allow you to b/t or wifi your cell phone to it, enabling you to take cell calls on a landline...

Like how a Fitbit will take calls from your cell...

If that is the case, just Google the model number of the phone, get the owners manual, and follow the directions.. my phone has it, I had it for a while than stopped it.

Edited by Snake