Check your account email address ×

Anyone play men’s hockey league ?

CFM

I used to, but quit, because there always seems to be that stupid mofo on every team that thinks that there are scouts in the stands and he is still auditioning for a spot on the Leafs.

Once fighting and rough stuff became a weekly occurance, and I still needed to go to my day job the next day, I decided it just wasn,t worth putting up with the stupidity, for the sake of trying to get a bit of weekly excercise.  

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

I used to, but quit, because there always seems to be that stupid mofo on every team that thinks that there are scouts in the stands and he is still auditioning for a spot on the Leafs.

Once fighting and rough stuff became a weekly occurance, and I still needed to go to my day job the next day, I decided it just wasn,t worth putting up with the stupidity, for the sake of trying to get a bit of weekly excercise.  

Yeah, there’s times when you can try and wick up talent from old but, it’s just more of a fun game.  Or supposed to be.  We tried to make some type of “you can’t play if you are too inebriated” type rule but…how can that be enforced?  Also, after a few black eyes were becoming more frequent, my last league outlawed fighting of any sort.  And that was kind of the end for me.  Not because I didn’t agree but, it started to be run by pussies convinced they had the start of some half-assed pro league people would pay for?  LOL.  Hell, I gave a presentation or two with some “swoll” on my face. IDGAF.  :dunno:

Back to “pick-up” pond hockey being the best.  Because it really is.

• Like 1