Check your account email address ×

"Never have to worry about gas prices again"

The jury is out still for me on wind and solar farms. You as a consumer are still at the mercy of a large corporation. My plan is for personal solar with battery backup and a propane powered generator for those rare times I may need it. As a final option I can go full primitive and heat my house and water with my wood burning stove. I have 40 acres of woods to harvest dead falls…my supply is way more than my demand. 

• Gold Member

I find it crazy how cheap it is and how easy on the wallet electric vehicles are.  Have about 1200 miles in a week and my total fuel cost have been $50.62 for that distance.  At 25 mpg and premium fuel as required by any other premium sport sedan with AWD I have saved about $140 in a week in fuel cost. 

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I find it crazy how cheap it is and how easy on the wallet electric vehicles are.  Have about 1200 miles in a week and my total fuel cost have been $50.62 for that distance.  At 25 mpg and premium fuel as required by any other premium sport sedan with AWD I have saved about $140 in a week in fuel cost. 

I wish there was a awd electric transit van or suv as my dogs go with us everywhere, we go 50 miles a day at a minimum every day.

• Gold Member
43 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I wish there was a awd electric transit van or suv as my dogs go with us everywhere, we go 50 miles a day at a minimum every day.

Rivian R1S is going to be the first true suv IMO….  Even though the experts call the Mach e, model y and x SUV’s.

• Gold Member
18 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

How much will they cost?

62500 after current tax credit.

If the new tax credit gets pushed thru it would be 62,000.  If they unionize in the new tax credit the cost would go down to 57500 if the BBB tax credit passes. 

explorer pack is nicely equipped…. 4 motor 835 hp, 316 mile range, 10 year 175,000 mile battery and powertrain warranty.

https://rivian.com/r1s

Edited by BOHICA

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

62500 after current tax credit.

If the new tax credit gets pushed thru it would be 62,000.  If they unionize in the new tax credit the cost would go down to 57500 if the BBB tax credit passes. 

explorer pack is nicely equipped…. 835 hp, 316 mile range, 10 year 180,000 mile battery snd powertrain warranty.

https://rivian.com/r1s

Looks like a Honda pilot, not sure how many miles you can get on an EV before major repairs are needed but if its 2 or 3 hundred k minus the battery would be a good deal.  

Thanks for the link.