Check your account email address ×

Travel Trailer Tires

Stoney

Thanks George.

Crappy I have inquired with, they sell the same as Princess, just more money, but Crappy seems to have them in stock..

Princess is an online order only for the size I want.

Newmarket Tire & Mag sell them too, as does Duffs...found out today.

Also found out that my Trailer had a recall on the tires that came on it, which are from the factory, but looks like the recall might have expired, calling the manufacture tomorrow to see what the deal is, I was never contacted about it, but I bought the trailer after the recall was issued, so not sure how that plays out.

1 hour ago, Stud boy said:

Did you ask the trailer place for a price? That's what I did last time, and they were a better price then one of our local tire shops. 

No, I was hoping to get something more local....trailer place is about an hour away.

I did call one other local trailer place though, they do not sell tires.....do not want get involved with selling tires, they referred me to tire shop.

Ended up buying some tires online from PA.

Trailer King II, radial tire with the load rating I was after.

Not the cheapest option or the most expensive, but they look okay....I guess we will see, but with them being a travel trailer tire that sees not a great deal of revolutions and lots of storage time, I wonder how long any trailer tire lasts.

I had a tire on my TT explode just west of the Nairn Centre truck stop 2 summers ago. A section of the tread cap (about 6" of the circumference was gone & the steel belting was "splayed" outwards). The rest of the tire looked OK, no checking on the sidewalls or cracks in the tread. Tires (Carlisle) were 6 years old & are covered when parked. Replaced them w/ Goodyear Marathons. Most guys on the RV sites seem to replace their tires every 5 years.

Luckily there wasn't any damage to the trailer.

My tires are three seasons old, but just found out there was a recall on them for possible issues, so I wonder if they would have lasted longer had they not been recalled.

LT tires seem to be a popular choice for those looking to upgrade their trailer tires.

On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 8:36 PM, Stoney said:

My tires are three seasons old, but just found out there was a recall on them for possible issues, so I wonder if they would have lasted longer had they not been recalled.

LT tires seem to be a popular choice for those looking to upgrade their trailer tires.

Lt is a truck tire...st is a trailer tire...if your trailer is stored alot...especially outside....its best to cover the tires so they dont crack and dryout and take the weight off them as well. :bc:

4 hours ago, DAVE said:

Lt is a truck tire...st is a trailer tire...if your trailer is stored alot...especially outside....its best to cover the tires so they dont crack and dryout and take the weight off them as well. :bc:

Yep, that is correct....I covered them, but never supported the trailer with stands. I am assuming the premature cracking/splitting is part of the reason they were recalled.

The LT gives you the weight ratings you need for TT and the extra speed rating that some want, majority of ST are only rated for 65 mph.

:bc:

Yep, read that article actually not too long ago....education & making the right choice is key.

Great comparison he mentioned is gas vs diesel.....the never ending saga...