Check your account email address ×

Dane County Wisconsin. Eliminating the term "inmate"

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

History has shown that no race has ever been as brutal as the White European when united for any cause.  The right amount of brains, ruthlessness and insolence.

History has shown other for the African race.

With prior generations I might agree, but we've collectively pussified multiple generations of anglos.  It's not about skin tone with me, it's more about the willingness to accept the results of our poor actions or inactions which leads me to believe that as a society we're hurdling towards even more troubling times.  

This of course all began with an entire generation of kids that weren't spanked for being naughty.  Way to go Boomer's!

:lol2:

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

With prior generations I might agree, but we've collectively pussified multiple generations of anglos.  It's not about skin tone with me, it's more about the willingness to accept the results of our poor actions or inactions which leads me to believe that as a society we're hurdling towards even more troubling times.  

This of course all began with an entire generation of kids that weren't spanked for being naughty.  Way to go Boomer's!

Don’t get me wrong.  Not all share these traits.  Never have.  But the ones that step up…oooof.  There are the weak links in every group.  Usually, when shit hits the fan, they are used for decoys, trade or food.  :lmao:

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It started with the boomers parents.  The boomers are the ones making most of this fucked up shit right now.  

The problem is that we've had it too good.  See previous quote.

I hope you're not just now coming to that troubling times conclusion.

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 hours ago, racer254 said:

Just unbelievable!!  Intellectually Elite.

The Dane Co. Sheriff’s Office will be eliminating the term ‘inmate’ from its official vocabulary going forward.

MADISON, Wis. (WMTV) - Declaring “words matter,” the Dane Co. Sheriff’s Office will be eliminating the term ‘inmate’ from its official vocabulary going forward. Sheriff Kalvin Barrett announced the move Monday, explaining the change is designed to “maintain the dignity and respect for all who are involved in our criminal justice system.

Going forward, the Sheriff’s Office people who are incarcerated in Dane Co. will now be referred to as ‘residents’ or ‘those who are in our care.’ Barrett added that his agencies consider titles as important, noting how they prefer the term peace officers to law enforcement officers when describing themselves and their colleagues.

“I view this change in name as a way to humanize those who are within our care,” he said.

Barrett’s decision comes following conversations with his staff and deputies as well as people housed in the Dane Co. jail, as well as those who were recently released. Attending a session with Nehemiah, a Madison-based organization for those re-entering society, Barrett explained he learned how the word inmate can have negative connotations, even to the incarcerated person themselves.

The members of the group, Man-Up, told Barrett during their session that resident was a better term and asked that he use it in the future.

Barrett added that other law enforcement agencies across the country have made similar changes and compared the deprecation of ‘inmate’ to the elimination of an older term, ‘convict.’

:lol:  Prisoner seems just fine to me.    

These "elites" want to change "inmates" to "residents". 

I hate to break it to them, but a resident is someone who is there under their own free will.

An inmate/criminal/prisoner does not want to be there and would leave at the first chance they get.  Bunch of fucking dip shits.