Check your account email address ×

current situation with cars

3 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Ford is changing the entire paradigm of car distribution, inventory stocks, and cost structure at the dealer level. It’s called the Order Bank System. The center of it is keeping an average of a six week inventory on dealer’s lots rather than the traditional 16-20 week inventory of stock. All those pick ups sitting in fields will be staged slowly in their release to keep demand high and supply short. It’s a new strategy by ford’s CEO. He drafted a lengthy letter laying this out last week. 

What I’m telling you is that Ford isn’t the only one doing this. Some are doing this and more. It’s been a strategy that has been on the table for a while now. They just needed to kick it off. A lot of EV sales will be handled like this and slightly different. Let’s just say that the days of overstock and waiting 6 weeks for a special ordered vehicle will be a thing of the past in a few years. 

All of the ‘21 trucks waiting on ecus will ship just as soon as they have said ecus. They will slowly ship because parts won’t all be available at once.Those vehicles are costing these companies big money just sitting there.

Rumor is, almost all MY22 SORP has been pushed back again. Better than 6 months behind normal schedules. All of the MY21 vehicles are suppose to fill that void, just as soon as parts are available. 

On 8/11/2021 at 9:55 PM, HSR said:

How fast did you ever do in it? I would think at 141 it would be a little scary:dunno:

I had it to 125 once and as I switched lanes to pass a car,  amazing how the steering wheel feels crossing the center line at that speed. :lol: hold on!